Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > unknown motherboard

unknown motherboard

Ferg

A friend brought round her old computer. She wants to get it going for her
kids. She needs a HDD for it. So she wants to ID the motherboard.

It says, "MS5317 Ver.1" between the ISA slots. I tried googling this with no
results.

Anyone know where I can find info about it?

Ferg

Ferg

"Ferg" <garblednonsense> wrote in message news:419d2584$1_1@127.0.0.1...
>A friend brought round her old computer. She wants to get it going for her
>kids. She needs a HDD for it. So she wants to ID the motherboard.
>
> It says, "MS5317 Ver.1" between the ISA slots. I tried googling this with
> no results.

Ummm... Whoops. MS5137

Found it now.

Embarassment.

Ferg

Sharknwfk

Hi mate,

MS is a Microstar motherboard, I believe.

http://www.msicomputer.com/

--
Sharknwfk
"Ferg" <garblednonsense> wrote in message news:419d2584$1_1@127.0.0.1...
> A friend brought round her old computer. She wants to get it going for her
> kids. She needs a HDD for it. So she wants to ID the motherboard.
>
> It says, "MS5317 Ver.1" between the ISA slots. I tried googling this with

no
> results.
>
> Anyone know where I can find info about it?
>
> Ferg

Rider

"Ferg" <garblednonsense> wrote in message news:419d2584$1_1@127.0.0.1...
>A friend brought round her old computer. She wants to get it going for her
>kids. She needs a HDD for it. So she wants to ID the motherboard.
>
> It says, "MS5317 Ver.1" between the ISA slots. I tried googling this with
> no results.
>
> Anyone know where I can find info about it?
>
> Ferg

Interesting ... its a MSI model number but no Google info. Odd.

Patrick Dunford

In article <419d2584$1_1@127.0.0.1> in nz.comp on Fri, 19 Nov 2004
11:53:29 +1300, <"Ferg" <garblednonsense>> says...
> A friend brought round her old computer. She wants to get it going for her
> kids. She needs a HDD for it. So she wants to ID the motherboard.
>
> It says, "MS5317 Ver.1" between the ISA slots. I tried googling this with no
> results.
>
> Anyone know where I can find info about it?

MSI 5317 more likely, they make motherboards for some OEMs