Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Has eBayNZ gone AWOL?

Has eBayNZ gone AWOL?

Nigel Crompton

I only occasionally dip into eBayNZ but have done so because it had the
option of only seeing sellers who were prepared to ship worldwide, which
saves a lot of hassles negotiating with drips who thinks it's at the
other end of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

However, I just went to

http://pages.ebay.com/nz/index.html?ssPageName=HNZ01

and found the link no longer works. There aren't any alternatives on the
page that did come up, the nearest is Oz.

Does this mean we have been struck off eBay? Retaliation for our
Anti-nuke stance by a reinvigorated right-wing now that Shrub is in for
another term.

--
Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Nigel Crompton wrote:
> Does this mean we have been struck off eBay? Retaliation for our
> Anti-nuke stance by a reinvigorated right-wing now that Shrub is in for
> another term.

whoa dude, take off the tinfoil hat, it's just another auction site.

Invisible

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:23:04 +1300, Nigel Crompton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I only occasionally dip into eBayNZ but have done so because it had the
>option of only seeing sellers who were prepared to ship worldwide, which
>saves a lot of hassles negotiating with drips who thinks it's at the
>other end of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
>
>However, I just went to
>
>http://pages.ebay.com/nz/index.html?ssPageName=HNZ01

ebay.co.nz works, as does the one above but with a little box to the side:
" Page not found The eBay page you are looking for can't be found. It may have
moved, or it may no longer be available. Please try one of the options below:"

There's always ebay.com with a NZ location search.

Waylon Kenning

It seems like Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:23:04 +1300 was when Nigel Crompton
<(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah blah...

>However, I just went to
>
>http://pages.ebay.com/nz/index.html?ssPageName=HNZ01

Works for me, as of when I post this message.
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Nigel Crompton

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Nigel Crompton wrote:
> > Does this mean we have been struck off eBay? Retaliation for our
> > Anti-nuke stance by a reinvigorated right-wing now that Shrub is in for
> > another term.

> whoa dude, take off the tinfoil hat, it's just another auction site.

Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
good-ol-boy that NZ exists.

Suddenly it's not. I doubt that it's something I've done and to be
honest it doubt that Shrub has anything to do with it.

There must be a reason for the change......

--
Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

Peter Huebner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
> to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
> avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
> good-ol-boy that NZ exists.
>
> Suddenly it's not. I doubt that it's something I've done and to be
> honest it doubt that Shrub has anything to do with it.
>
> There must be a reason for the change......
>
> --
> Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

That 'feature' never bloody worked for me. I tried to use it dozens of
times and most of the replies I got for my search would ship US only
anyhow. _Maybe_ that's why they dumped it: because their code didn't
work, or because their sellers were too dumb to answer the question
correctly so the search engine would be able to process it.

-Peter

--
***************
direct replies to peters[underscore]spambot[at]

Waylon Kenning

It seems like Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:02:25 +1300 was when Nigel Crompton
<(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah blah...

>Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
>to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
>avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
>good-ol-boy that NZ exists.

I always had a hard time actually finding the things I wanted that on
ebay were set to ship worldwide.

Instead, I just did a normal search including things only shipping to
the USA, and 8/10 cases, the seller would be happy to ship to New
Zealand.
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Nigel Crompton

In article <(E-Mail Removed). nz>,
Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
> > to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
> > avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
> > good-ol-boy that NZ exists.
> >
> > Suddenly it's not. I doubt that it's something I've done and to be
> > honest it doubt that Shrub has anything to do with it.
> >
> > There must be a reason for the change......
> >
> > --
> > Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

> That 'feature' never bloody worked for me. I tried to use it dozens of
> times and most of the replies I got for my search would ship US only
> anyhow. _Maybe_ that's why they dumped it: because their code didn't
> work, or because their sellers were too dumb to answer the question
> correctly so the search engine would be able to process it.

Someone also commented that <http://www.ebay.co.nz> was still available.
I just had a shufti.....the first item I checked out, a pair of Harman
Kardon USB speakers is selling from Georgia, to United States only.

Sheesh....!!

--

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:35:45 +1300, Nigel Crompton <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed). nz>,
> Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> > Ah, but a few weeks ago it was an auction site that allowed me (a kiwi)
>> > to be select specifically auctions that were happy to ship worldwide,
>> > avoiding the hassles involved in convincing the average redblooded
>> > good-ol-boy that NZ exists.
>> >
>> > Suddenly it's not. I doubt that it's something I've done and to be
>> > honest it doubt that Shrub has anything to do with it.
>> >
>> > There must be a reason for the change......
>> >
>> > --
>> > Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

>> That 'feature' never bloody worked for me. I tried to use it dozens of
>> times and most of the replies I got for my search would ship US only
>> anyhow. _Maybe_ that's why they dumped it: because their code didn't
>> work, or because their sellers were too dumb to answer the question
>> correctly so the search engine would be able to process it.

>Someone also commented that <http://www.ebay.co.nz> was still available.
>I just had a shufti.....the first item I checked out, a pair of Harman
>Kardon USB speakers is selling from Georgia, to United States only.
>
>Sheesh....!!

We mustn't be important enough.... ebay.co.uk has radio buttons for "Items in
the UK" and "Items worldwide". Could've sworn it used to be on the NZ site as
well.

texan.usenet@texas.removethisbit.com

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:41:24 +1300, Waylon Kenning
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It seems like Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:23:04 +1300 was when Nigel Crompton
><(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah blah...
>
>>However, I just went to
>>
>>http://pages.ebay.com/nz/index.html?ssPageName=HNZ01

>Works for me, as of when I post this message.

I just tried http://www.ebay.co.nz/ and was working fine.'

CAth