Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > OT: Washing Machine

OT: Washing Machine

The Flash

Hello, I remember seeing a post some time ago about fixing gentle annie
washing machines, sure enough our one has broken down again! (It had the LV
martins 5 year thing on it and seemed to require fixing every year or so for
some problem!)

What I would like to find is what the fault is and what it should cost to
fix, as a couple of freinds of ours have had terrible experiances getting
their gentle annie fixed (their last bill was over $500 to have a new pump
and a recond controller fitted!)

So the questions I would like answered if possible,

1)How do i go into diagnostics mode and how do I interprate the readout?

2) Should I purchase the parts and fit them myself? (I have changed the
controller in an FP Electronic dryer ok but MAN they made it hard to get the
controller!)

3) If the answer to 2 is yes who is the best source for parts in the hutt
valley / wellinton area?

4)If the answer is No to 2, Who should I contact that can do the job and not
rip me blind on billing?

Thanks all.

Collector»NZ

The Flash said the following on 15/11/2004 11:04:
> Hello, I remember seeing a post some time ago about fixing gentle annie
> washing machines, sure enough our one has broken down again! (It had the LV
> martins 5 year thing on it and seemed to require fixing every year or so for
> some problem!)
>
> What I would like to find is what the fault is and what it should cost to
> fix, as a couple of freinds of ours have had terrible experiances getting
> their gentle annie fixed (their last bill was over $500 to have a new pump
> and a recond controller fitted!)
>
> So the questions I would like answered if possible,
>
> 1)How do i go into diagnostics mode and how do I interprate the readout?
>
> 2) Should I purchase the parts and fit them myself? (I have changed the
> controller in an FP Electronic dryer ok but MAN they made it hard to get the
> controller!)
>
> 3) If the answer to 2 is yes who is the best source for parts in the hutt
> valley / wellinton area?
>
> 4)If the answer is No to 2, Who should I contact that can do the job and not
> rip me blind on billing?
>
> Thanks all.

OT is fine but twice in an hour just repeating the post oh well no
accounting for some people.

The post I remember was over in NZ.TECH

Might pay to post there

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

USB flash drive in washing machine Mark Shaw Computer Support 58 04-10-2008 04:51 PM
Washing machine vibration Cub Computer Support 10 03-21-2007 02:08 AM
Re: USB flash drive in washing machine Kheper-hathor-ka IV Computer Information 32 03-11-2005 04:18 PM
Washing machine Paul Computer Support 5 12-04-2004 11:45 AM
OT: Washing Machine The Flash NZ Computing 5 11-16-2004 06:57 AM

Advertisments