Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Why won't my Sata 200gb seagate work !!

Why won't my Sata 200gb seagate work !!

Loupole

I have 2x200gb Sata Seagate harddrives for my Abit IC 7 max 3 motherboard on
the Silicon image Chip and they don't work...Every thing is alright only
when I copy something to the harddrive that my computer frezzes why is
this.... For weeks I have been trying everything to get them to work but no
go I am thinking of taking them back and geting my money back....

Can anyone help !!

I have done a bios update and drivers too !!

Loupole

Malcolm

Loupole wrote:
> I have 2x200gb Sata Seagate harddrives for my Abit IC 7 max 3 motherboard on
> the Silicon image Chip and they don't work...Every thing is alright only
> when I copy something to the harddrive that my computer frezzes why is
> this.... For weeks I have been trying everything to get them to work but no
> go I am thinking of taking them back and geting my money back....
>
> Can anyone help !!
>
> I have done a bios update and drivers too !!
>
> Loupole

Hi
Have you set them up with the Seagate Disk tools program? The readme
also has some good info which may help.

--
Cheers
Malcolm

Richard

Loupole wrote:

> I have 2x200gb Sata Seagate harddrives for my Abit IC 7 max 3 motherboard on
> the Silicon image Chip and they don't work...Every thing is alright only
> when I copy something to the harddrive that my computer frezzes why is
> this.... For weeks I have been trying everything to get them to work but no
> go I am thinking of taking them back and geting my money back....
>
> Can anyone help !!
>
> I have done a bios update and drivers too !!

Silicon image is a PCI device, just like a card, so it may be having issues
sharing an IRQ with a card in the machine,

See whats sharing the IRQ, pull it out, and see if the sata behaves, if it does
look for new drivers for the other device

Patrick Dunford

In article <4196b590$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Sun, 14 Nov 2004
14:52:23 +1300, Loupole <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> I have 2x200gb Sata Seagate harddrives for my Abit IC 7 max 3 motherboard on
> the Silicon image Chip and they don't work...Every thing is alright only
> when I copy something to the harddrive that my computer frezzes why is
> this.... For weeks I have been trying everything to get them to work but no
> go I am thinking of taking them back and geting my money back....

Why do you keep posting new threads all the time on the same subject