Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Linux distro question (MS Heads can ignore)

Linux distro question (MS Heads can ignore)

Collector»NZ

I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a
spare machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

eduardo

"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a spare
>machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
> So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

Playtime !!!!!
Very entertaining italian neo hippy raver distro.
Its not really representative of anything, but its built from .debs

Collector»NZ

eduardo said the following on 14/11/2004 09:08:
> "Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a spare
>>machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
>>So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/
>>

> Playtime !!!!!
> Very entertaining italian neo hippy raver distro.
> Its not really representative of anything, but its built from .debs

Yes I should have qualified, that really what I want to do is have a
look at interface and useability without having a deep dig under the hood.
I have a lot (I mean a Lot) of digital images and video files plus a
large library of music so I figured this distro would if nothing else be
entertaining.
If it tickles my interest then I will toss the CD Writer (since I have a
DVD do all Writer) and add another hard drive so I can load a more main
stream distro and play under the hood with a dual boot system

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Gordon

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:06:21 +1300, Collector»NZ wrote:

> If it tickles my interest then I will toss the CD Writer (since I have a
> DVD do all Writer) and add another hard drive so I can load a more main
> stream distro and play under the hood with a dual boot system

Make it so! Now. What have you got to lose? Wearing the DVD writer out
burning CDs. Well you need to upgrade in the near future yes?

thing

Collector»NZ wrote:
> I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a
> spare machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
> So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

Another alternative would be suse, think that comes as a cd demo.

regards

Thing

thing

Collector»NZ wrote:
> I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a
> spare machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
> So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

this might be of use as well,

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/...therlinux.html

regards

thing

steve

Collector»NZ wrote:

> I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a
> spare machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
> So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

nevahoiduvit......but it's coming down the torrent at about 100k per
second...so I should have it shortly.

I like Knoppix....and you can install it to the hard drive fairly easily.

But my favourite out-of-box desktop distro remains Xandros.....nothing else
seems to come close for ease of everything.

Otherwise....I like Yoper 2.0 and Gentoo.

--
Distributed Computing Projects:
SETI at Home

Collector»NZ

steve said the following on 14/11/2004 23:36:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>

>>I am about to have another play with Linux, now since I dont have a
>>spare machine to play with I am looking at a live distro to play with.
>>So what do you linux guys think of this one http://dynebolic.org/

> nevahoiduvit......but it's coming down the torrent at about 100k per
> second...so I should have it shortly.
>
> I like Knoppix....and you can install it to the hard drive fairly easily.
>
> But my favourite out-of-box desktop distro remains Xandros.....nothing else
> seems to come close for ease of everything.
>
> Otherwise....I like Yoper 2.0 and Gentoo.

Have a look at the clustering feature

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Need help eradicating a linux distro format on a hard drive. Noversion of windows can even find this drive... Double-Aces Computer Information 2 02-28-2011 05:27 PM
python linux distro azrael Python 10 02-10-2007 10:52 AM
Consumer-Friendly Linux Distro Found in Linspire Five-O Au79 Computer Support 3 07-25-2006 07:43 PM
Stunning Linux Distro Au79 Computer Support 0 04-18-2006 04:21 PM
linux distro requirements John Jay Smith Computer Support 1 02-16-2006 03:15 PM

Advertisments