Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Downloading Thousands / Free Agent

Reply
Thread Tools

Downloading Thousands / Free Agent

 
 
Cath
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
Help!

How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?

I have had to reinstall program from scratch.

Thanks.

Cath
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Joy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
Yes, me too. I gave up trying to adjust it's behaviour. I guess if you
know then it's easy,
Lyn

"Cath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help!
>
> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
>
> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cath



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
JJD
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:20:58 +1300, "Joy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Yes, me too. I gave up trying to adjust it's behaviour. I guess if you
>know then it's easy,
>Lyn
>
>"Cath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Help!
>>
>> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
>>
>> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

Menu : Online > Catch up with selected groups

JJD
 
Reply With Quote
 
Geronimo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:55:03 -0600, Cath
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Help!
>
>How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
>
>I have had to reinstall program from scratch.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Cath




Online/Select get sample header and set how many



 
Reply With Quote
 
Geronimo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:20:58 +1300, "Joy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yes, me too. I gave up trying to adjust it's behaviour. I guess if you
>know then it's easy,
>Lyn
>
>"Cath" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Help!
>>
>> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
>>
>> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Cath

>


Go to


Online/Sample headers from selected groups


Set how many


 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Help!
>
> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
>
> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.



Or, on the same theme, preventing the Opera "new reader" from downloading
the 60 odd thousand headers for nz.general on the ClearNet server. TIA
 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Dunford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:55:03 -0600, Cath
<(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Help!
>
> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
>
> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.


tell it to only download the last 500 or so?

This is an option in lots of newsreaders
 
Reply With Quote
 
Geronimo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:48:29 +1300, Keith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Help!
>>
>> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
>>
>> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.

>
>
>Or, on the same theme, preventing the Opera "new reader" from downloading
>the 60 odd thousand headers for nz.general on the ClearNet server. TIA





No one in his right mind uses a Browsers to read News Feeds..



Use the correct tool for the job, a News Reader for reading News..


Not a Browser or Outlook.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Keith
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:48:29 +1300, Keith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >(E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> Help!
> >>
> >> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
> >>
> >> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.

> >
> >
> >Or, on the same theme, preventing the Opera "new reader" from downloading
> >the 60 odd thousand headers for nz.general on the ClearNet server. TIA

>
> No one in his right mind uses a Browsers to read News Feeds..
> Use the correct tool for the job, a News Reader for reading News..
> Not a Browser or Outlook.


Pillock, I am using a real newreader.

Your useless truism didn't answer my query.
 
Reply With Quote
 
JB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-13-2004
Hi

Try MicroPlanet Gravity Newsreader too - been using it for a few months now
and its great. Open source / free / very configurable.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpgravity

Cheers

JB


"Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
> Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:55:03 -0600, Cath
> <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>> Help!
>>
>> How do I avoid having to download thousand of old msges in Agent?
>>
>> I have had to reinstall program from scratch.

>
> tell it to only download the last 500 or so?
>
> This is an option in lots of newsreaders



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Agent 4.2 Downloading TheStoneCrusher Computer Support 4 11-18-2007 10:10 PM
link to download forte free agent 3.3 ( freeware ) news reader agent jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk Computer Information 1 07-27-2007 12:23 AM
OT: Paging Agent Jar, Agent Briscobar FrisbeeŽ MCSE 0 02-08-2007 07:41 PM
Dhcp Relay Agent And Acl On Sw 3750, DHCP Relay Agent and ACL on Sw 3750 Vimokh Cisco 3 09-06-2006 02:16 AM
downloading big files like movies using agent Michiel Pauw Computer Support 3 01-04-2004 05:31 AM



Advertisments