Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Anyone had experiences with these Auckland online retailers?

Anyone had experiences with these Auckland online retailers?

Daniel

Looking at sourcing a DVD writer from one of these guys:
* ETC Computers
* LCQ Computers
* C1 Shoppingmall
* PC Mart

As they're cheapest on the pricespy listing for a Samsung TS-H542A.

Does anyone know what the after-sales service is like with
any of those retailers?

Thanks,

Gurble

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:37:27 +1300, Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)>
had this to say:

>As they're cheapest on the pricespy listing for a Samsung TS-H542A.
>
>Does anyone know what the after-sales service is like with
>any of those retailers?

LOL!

You're after service from "the cheapest on pricespy"? That's funny.
You do realise that many of "the cheapest on pricespy" can't afford to
offer any form of service, as they're actually running at a loss?
(often they don't actually realise this until it's too late).

Someone very wise once said to me:

"Quality, Service, Low Price...

Pick any two."

Unfortunately, these days it would almost be apt to say "Pick any
one".

Anyone think of any business, any at all, where the above doesn't
follow? (I can only think of one).

Gurble

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 23:16:41 +1300, Gurble <(E-Mail Removed)> had this to
say:

>On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:37:27 +1300, Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)>
>had this to say:
>

>>As they're cheapest on the pricespy listing for a Samsung TS-H542A.
>>
>>Does anyone know what the after-sales service is like with
>>any of those retailers?

>LOL!
>
>You're after service from "the cheapest on pricespy"? That's funny.
>You do realise that many of "the cheapest on pricespy" can't afford to
>offer any form of service, as they're actually running at a loss?
>(often they don't actually realise this until it's too late).
>
>Someone very wise once said to me:
>

>"Quality, Service, Low Price...
>
>Pick any two."
>

>Unfortunately, these days it would almost be apt to say "Pick any
>one".
>
>Anyone think of any business, any at all, where the above doesn't
>follow? (I can only think of one).

(Please note that my comments are in general, and not aimed at the
businesses listed by the OP, whom I know very little about).

XPD

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tu%kd.1004$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looking at sourcing a DVD writer from one of these guys:
> * ETC Computers
> * LCQ Computers
> * C1 Shoppingmall
> * PC Mart
>
> As they're cheapest on the pricespy listing for a Samsung TS-H542A.
>
> Does anyone know what the after-sales service is like with
> any of those retailers?
>
> Thanks,

LCQ have been great in person to deal with...... havent had to use them for
anything after-sales so dont know there.... but Id say theyd be quite happy
to help out with genuine faults/queries.

Mr Scebe

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tu%kd.1004$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looking at sourcing a DVD writer from one of these guys:
> * ETC Computers
> * LCQ Computers

I've bought a bit of stuff from them. Their prices are good, and the service
is fine. You might have trouble finding them as the shop is a little
"hole-in-the-wall". Don't let that put you off.

> * C1 Shoppingmall
> * PC Mart
>
> As they're cheapest on the pricespy listing for a Samsung TS-H542A.
>
> Does anyone know what the after-sales service is like with
> any of those retailers?

Haven't had to take anything back, so can't say for certain.

--
Mr Scebe
~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

Patrick Dunford

In article <tu%kd.1004$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Fri, 12
Nov 2004 22:37:27 +1300, Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Looking at sourcing a DVD writer from one of these guys:
> * ETC Computers
> * LCQ Computers
> * C1 Shoppingmall
> * PC Mart
>
> As they're cheapest on the pricespy listing for a Samsung TS-H542A.

Why do you want to buy Samsung?

Stick with Liteon, Pioneer, Sony or Asus

be

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:37:27 +1300, Daniel wrote:

> Looking at sourcing a DVD writer from one of these guys:
> * ETC Computers

this mob has a store in hamilton, has been there a couple of
years.

Daniel

Patrick Dunford wrote:

> Why do you want to buy Samsung?

Cheapest model I could find that came bundled with Nero 6 Express.
Software choice is not mine, but, person whom I am looking on
behalf of.

> Stick with Liteon, Pioneer, Sony or Asus

What's wrong with Samsung? (I honestly don't know)

Daniel

Daniel wrote:

> Looking at sourcing a DVD writer from one of these guys:
> * ETC Computers
> * LCQ Computers
> * C1 Shoppingmall
> * PC Mart
>
> As they're cheapest on the pricespy listing for a Samsung TS-H542A.
>
> Does anyone know what the after-sales service is like with
> any of those retailers?
>
> Thanks,

I see QMB Computers are now the cheapest - barely. I've read in a
previous couple of posts that their after-sales service is okay.

Thanks for the replies.

XPD

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gPjld.1128$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Daniel wrote:
>
> > Looking at sourcing a DVD writer from one of these guys:
> > * ETC Computers
> > * LCQ Computers
> > * C1 Shoppingmall
> > * PC Mart
> >
> > As they're cheapest on the pricespy listing for a Samsung TS-H542A.
> >
> > Does anyone know what the after-sales service is like with
> > any of those retailers?
> >
> > Thanks,

> I see QMB Computers are now the cheapest - barely. I've read in a
> previous couple of posts that their after-sales service is okay.
>
> Thanks for the replies.

<HISS>

QMB are not in my good books at all. Cheap, yes. Theres reasons for that.
Which have been discussed in this NG many times.