Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > My experiences with Linux of recently.

My experiences with Linux of recently.

Dave Taylor

Waylon Kenning <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Forgive me for feeling frustrated, but I do truely believe that what
> I've gone through to install a distribution with a lot of educational
> software preinstalled is insane compared to the Windows XP
> installation process. Still, something for me to create professional
> developement on.

I would like to suggest Mepis as a distro to try for your next go round.

--
Ciao, Dave

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>heh, not all of us have large Hdd.

> I'm not talking huge amounts of disk. For instance, the complete SuSE
> 9.1 distro takes up only about 7GB, and that's including the source
> RPMs. Leave those out, and it's only about 4GB. And SuSE is one of the
> larger distros.

Im running with 2GB free of about 78GB.

I really must start to archive.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Bruce Sinclair wrote:

>>Im running with 2GB free of about 78GB.
>>I really must start to archive.

> .. or the delete button

noooooo...
Im keeping the desktop as a file server.
soon it'll be sitting there headless, just giving out files to the
laptops that are accumulating around the house.

most of them are only just fast enough to play Divx/Xvids but the house
is almost completly covered in 802.11b.

Almost time for an upgrade to 11g

Waylon Kenning

It seems like Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:45:40 GMT was when Dave Taylor
<(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah blah...

>I would like to suggest Mepis as a distro to try for your next go round.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll download it and give it a go
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>>heh, not all of us have large Hdd.

>> I'm not talking huge amounts of disk. For instance, the complete SuSE
>> 9.1 distro takes up only about 7GB, and that's including the source
>> RPMs. Leave those out, and it's only about 4GB. And SuSE is one of the
>> larger distros.

>Im running with 2GB free of about 78GB.
>
>I really must start to archive.

... or the delete button

Bruce

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

-Redd Foxx

(if there were any)