Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Broadband comparisons?

Broadband comparisons?

Nigel Crompton

Our local school has had a right royal shafting from Telescum over
excess data charges and router rental fees*, so I'm looking for a better
deal for them.

Is there any site one can go to for an up-to-date comparison between the
offerings of the various ISPs in NZ? (ChCh in particular)

--
Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)

* the problem of technically naive staff not aware of the significance
of regular bills. In our case a legacy connection plan that hasn't
existed for years that had a data cap so low ****in' Telescum were
taking $600 a month off the school for excess data fees. Did they ever
contact the school and suggest a better arrangement? Ha! ARSEHOLES!!

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Nigel Crompton wrote:
> Is there any site one can go to for an up-to-date comparison between the
> offerings of the various ISPs in NZ? (ChCh in particular)

Shouldn't they be able to get the new schools deal with Telecom?
Im not sure of the exact details, but it sounded good when I read a bit
on it.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Peter Jenkins

Yep.

www.consumer.org.nz

They have excellent comparisons online

"Nigel Crompton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Our local school has had a right royal shafting from Telescum over
> excess data charges and router rental fees*, so I'm looking for a better
> deal for them.
>
> Is there any site one can go to for an up-to-date comparison between the
> offerings of the various ISPs in NZ? (ChCh in particular)
>
> --
> Nigel C ....(rearrange address for email)
>
> * the problem of technically naive staff not aware of the significance
> of regular bills. In our case a legacy connection plan that hasn't
> existed for years that had a data cap so low ****in' Telescum were
> taking $600 a month off the school for excess data fees. Did they ever
> contact the school and suggest a better arrangement? Ha! ARSEHOLES!!

Waylon Kenning

It seems like Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:13:26 +1300 was when "Dave -
Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah blah...

>> Is there any site one can go to for an up-to-date comparison between the
>> offerings of the various ISPs in NZ? (ChCh in particular)

>Shouldn't they be able to get the new schools deal with Telecom?
>Im not sure of the exact details, but it sounded good when I read a bit
>on it.

It's called Schoolzone. It really is worth it. I don't know what the
sales number is, but 0800 SKLZON might have someone available to help
you out.
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.