Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > compitition for telecom?

compitition for telecom?

Gordon

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydispl...toryID=3607194

Forsyth hopes the commission's procedure will produce a regulated service
within nine months.

Unquote.

How about Nine Days.

Reading the article was so much Daja vue. Parts of this country are
broken. It long past the time they should have been fixed.

How about, look Telecom, untuil you provide the same to others as you are
offering, all, as in all of your profits will be given to charity.

-[Myth]-

joe_90

-[Myth]- wrote:
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydispl...toryID=3607194

"Telecom's general manager for Government relations......"

and I thought they were a telecommunications company.

Says it all really.

Enkidu

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:20:17 +1300, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:
>
>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydispl...toryID=3607194

>Forsyth hopes the commission's procedure will produce a regulated service
>within nine months.
>
>Unquote.
>
>How about Nine Days.
>
>Reading the article was so much Daja vue. Parts of this country are
>broken. It long past the time they should have been fixed.
>
>How about, look Telecom, untuil you provide the same to others as you are
>offering, all, as in all of your profits will be given to charity.

If they could gain a toehold in New Zealand and if they could get
competition going Telstra-Clear are big enough to squash Telecom flat.

I wouldn't cheer for any gain the Telstra-Clear might make in NZ.

Does this sound familiar?

http://www.aapt.com.au/news/content.asp?n=265

Cheers,

Cliff

Patrick Dunford

In article <9d4d31e424h0$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]-
<(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydispl...toryID=3607194

What a joke

"Forsyth hopes the commission's procedure will produce a regulated
service within nine months."

So it will take the commerce commission nine months to come up with a
regulated service, typical bureacrats. If it took Telecom that long to do
anything they'd be out of business.

Anyone think the commerce commission is made up of ex-Post Office
employees and the Minister of Telecommunications thinks he's still
running it?

-[Myth]-

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:29:05 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

> On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:20:17 +1300, Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydispl...toryID=3607194

>>Forsyth hopes the commission's procedure will produce a regulated service
>>within nine months.
>>
>>Unquote.
>>
>>How about Nine Days.
>>
>>Reading the article was so much Daja vue. Parts of this country are
>>broken. It long past the time they should have been fixed.
>>
>>How about, look Telecom, untuil you provide the same to others as you are
>>offering, all, as in all of your profits will be given to charity.
>>

> If they could gain a toehold in New Zealand and if they could get
> competition going Telstra-Clear are big enough to squash Telecom flat.
>
> I wouldn't cheer for any gain the Telstra-Clear might make in NZ.
>
> Does this sound familiar?
>
> http://www.aapt.com.au/news/content.asp?n=265
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

Well at least they are big enough to get something done about telecom, this
way all ISPs benefit, not just Telstra.

AD.

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:46:59 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

> Well at least they are big enough to get something done about telecom,
> this way all ISPs benefit, not just Telstra.

Telstra wants a cozy duopoly rather than lots of competition. Once that
happens it will get even harder to get the Commerce Commission to do
anything.

ufo

"Patrick Dunford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nz...
> In article <9d4d31e424h0$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on
> Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]-

> So it will take the commerce commission nine months to come up with a
> regulated service, typical bureacrats. If it took Telecom that long to do
> anything they'd be out of business.

Not so - it's often in their interests to delay many implementations or roll
out new services.
How long have telcos been waiting for real number portablity? (YEARS!!)

Dave - Dave.net.nz

ufo wrote:
> How long have telcos been waiting for real number portablity? (YEARS!!)

next the comcomm will be saying that we should have email address
portibility.
I'd like to see the suggestions for that one.
I can think of a few, but none pretty, and all horribly inefficient.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz