Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Networking Cameras

Wireless Networking Cameras

tshad

I am trying to get get an SNC-M1W Sony camera to work on our network.

The instructions say it works only with certain routers. Why do I need a
router at all?

We are only going to access the camera in-house and would like to hook it up
so we can access it internally or via a VPN (which would obviously be using
the same subnet).

We can't seem to get it to work using an Access Point (Netgear is what we
are using at the moment).

If we use a router, which we tried first to use inside our network, we would
get a new private address that we can't access from our internal network.
For example, our internal network is 10.0.0.x, but if we use a router, we
would get a new network, such as 192.168.122.x. The internal machines have
no access to this network. Their gateway is 10.0.0.254. How would we get
access to the camera's if this is the case?

If we use an access point, we would be on the same network.

Thanks,

Tom