Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Mother board or on switch?

Mother board or on switch?

texan.usenet@texas.removethisbit.com

Having problems turning on computer.
Pressing button in morning is not working as it used to as in 2 days
ago, without any problems.

It takes some time before it 'connects' and livens up.

Ok, my knowledge is: it either could be the button & it's bits and
pieces or the motherboard.

Now, if I want to leave the computer running overnight, if it is the
motherboard, will doing so do any harm i.e. is it likely to start a
fire?

Before this started, I would leave it on all day - I have left it on
all day today.

Many thanks.

Cath

DoggNZ

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:48:00 -0600,

>Having problems turning on computer.
>Pressing button in morning is not working as it used to as in 2 days
>ago, without any problems.
>
>It takes some time before it 'connects' and livens up.
>
>Ok, my knowledge is: it either could be the button & it's bits and
>pieces or the motherboard.
>
>Now, if I want to leave the computer running overnight, if it is the
>motherboard, will doing so do any harm i.e. is it likely to start a
>fire?
>
>Before this started, I would leave it on all day - I have left it on
>all day today.
>
>Many thanks.
>
>Cath

One of my computers at home hasn't been switched off for nearly a
month so I wouldn't worry too much.

--
BOINC SETI
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/sta...1469&trans=off