Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > no speed on js games

no speed on js games

XPD

Anyone else having issues this evening where you connect to the JSGames
realm using the user@jetstreamgames login, and find that the xfer speed is
still the same as your paid plan ?
ie: Im on 128k and thats all im getting on the realm.....

Sucks when you want to grab some new demos at 300mb each

EMB

XPD wrote:
> Anyone else having issues this evening where you connect to the JSGames
> realm using the user@jetstreamgames login, and find that the xfer speed is
> still the same as your paid plan ?
> ie: Im on 128k and thats all im getting on the realm.....
>
> Sucks when you want to grab some new demos at 300mb each

That's how it is now that UBS is here - same speed as your paid plan for
JSG because every line is throttled individually at the DSLAM, not by
the ISP.

--
EMB

XPD

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cmcnau$al5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> XPD wrote:
> > Anyone else having issues this evening where you connect to the JSGames
> > realm using the user@jetstreamgames login, and find that the xfer speed

is
> > still the same as your paid plan ?
> > ie: Im on 128k and thats all im getting on the realm.....
> >
> > Sucks when you want to grab some new demos at 300mb each
> >

> That's how it is now that UBS is here - same speed as your paid plan for
> JSG because every line is throttled individually at the DSLAM, not by
> the ISP.
>
> --
> EMB

Thinks its a have.... my ISP cant offer me UBS until the 10th... so now ive
gotta suffer :-p
Was fine last night..... <sigh> Back to abusing the work connection I guess

EMB

XPD wrote:

> <sigh> Back to abusing the work connection I guess

Beats abusing yourself

--
EMB

Dave - Dave.net.nz

XPD wrote:
> Anyone else having issues this evening where you connect to the JSGames
> realm using the user@jetstreamgames login, and find that the xfer speed is
> still the same as your paid plan ?
> ie: Im on 128k and thats all im getting on the realm.....

JSgames realm will disappear when on a bitstream account, as the rate
limiting is done differently.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz