Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > orcon blocking some websites?

orcon blocking some websites?

Hmmm

Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming
from a legitimate isp.

This will be taken care of

Starkey

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:11:12 +1300, Hmmm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
>www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
>new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
>some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming
>from a legitimate isp.
>
>This will be taken care of

yeah ive got the same problem too and another webpage i goto for
diablo stuff www.sogland.com is blocked

Mike_P

"Hmmm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4189d3d0$1_2@127.0.0.1...
> Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
> www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the new
> ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so some
> routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming from a
> legitimate isp.
>
> This will be taken care of

Yep, all ok now !

Starkey

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:39:32 +1300, "Mike_P"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Hmmm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4189d3d0$1_2@127.0.0.1...
>> Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
>> www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the new
>> ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so some
>> routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming from a
>> legitimate isp.
>>
>> This will be taken care of

>Yep, all ok now !

not for me still doesnt come up

Mutley

Hmmm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
>www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
>new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
>some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming
>from a legitimate isp.
>
>This will be taken care of

Go to here. This may help.

http://www.space.net.au/~thomas/quickbrowse.html

Select each one until you find one that connects.

I have the same problem with some web sites since the change over
to UBS.

Toxickiwi

Anyone know how long this will??? And will all websites give access
again at the same time?

TK

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:11:12 +1300, Hmmm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
>www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
>new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
>some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming
>from a legitimate isp.
>
>This will be taken care of

Hmmm

Toxickiwi wrote:
> Anyone know how long this will??? And will all websites give access
> again at the same time?
>
> TK
>
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:11:12 +1300, Hmmm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
>>www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
>>new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
>>some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming

>>from a legitimate isp.

>>This will be taken care of

No idea, but suprnova is working again.

Starkey

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:42:59 +1300, Hmmm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Toxickiwi wrote:
>> Anyone know how long this will??? And will all websites give access
>> again at the same time?
>>
>> TK
>>
>> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:11:12 +1300, Hmmm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
>>>www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
>>>new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
>>>some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming

>>>from a legitimate isp.

>>>This will be taken care of

>No idea, but suprnova is working again.

yep supranova is working for me now but sogland.com aint

Toxickiwi

there are a lot that ain't, that is why I was wondering, I couldn't
find any ETA on orcons web site.
On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:20:15 +1300, Starkey <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:42:59 +1300, Hmmm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Toxickiwi wrote:
>>> Anyone know how long this will??? And will all websites give access
>>> again at the same time?
>>>
>>> TK

>>No idea, but suprnova is working again.

>yep supranova is working for me now but sogland.com aint

wogers nemesis

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 06:32:59 GMT, Toxickiwi wrote:

> Anyone know how long this will??? And will all websites give access
> again at the same time?
>
> TK
>
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:11:12 +1300, Hmmm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Just incase anyone was worried orcon was blocking websites such as
>>www.suprnova.org. They said they are not blocking any sites, but the
>>new ip's assigned to orcon for bitstream customers are a new range so
>>some routers/websites are filtering them believing they are not coming
>>from a legitimate isp.
>>
>>This will be taken care of

You'd think they would post something about it. I only knew it was the
same old damn problem because it happened when I moved to Jetsurf some
months ago.