Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Wtd: slightly odd ergo KB

Wtd: slightly odd ergo KB

Dave - Dave.net.nz

I have an older user who learned ot type on a type writer, and
apparently, she was taught to type the letter 'b' with her right hand,
and after almost 40 years of typing she has to go ergonomic, but is a
bit annoyed about the 'b' thing.

So, anyone know where I could possibly get an ergo KB with the 'b' key
on the right?

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Rider

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an older user who learned ot type on a type writer, and apparently,
>she was taught to type the letter 'b' with her right hand, and after almost
>40 years of typing she has to go ergonomic, but is a bit annoyed about the
>'b' thing.
>
> So, anyone know where I could possibly get an ergo KB with the 'b' key on
> the right?

LoL .... oh, you're serious.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Rider wrote:
>>I have an older user who learned ot type on a type writer, and apparently,
>>she was taught to type the letter 'b' with her right hand, and after almost
>>40 years of typing she has to go ergonomic, but is a bit annoyed about the
>>'b' thing.

>>So, anyone know where I could possibly get an ergo KB with the 'b' key on
>>the right?

> LoL .... oh, you're serious.

yes, and the end user didn't appreciate me telling her that I was 99.9%
sure that they dont make them.

She wanted to know the phone number of a manufacturer... at that point,
the smirk on my face appears to have been visible through the phone
line, and she let rip with the "40 years" this and "I give you not
typing properly" that.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Mr Bond

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:10:53 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Rider wrote:
>>>I have an older user who learned ot type on a type writer, and apparently,
>>>she was taught to type the letter 'b' with her right hand, and after almost
>>>40 years of typing she has to go ergonomic, but is a bit annoyed about the
>>>'b' thing.

>>>So, anyone know where I could possibly get an ergo KB with the 'b' key on
>>>the right?

>> LoL .... oh, you're serious.

>yes, and the end user didn't appreciate me telling her that I was 99.9%
>sure that they dont make them.
>
>She wanted to know the phone number of a manufacturer... at that point,
>the smirk on my face appears to have been visible through the phone
>line, and she let rip with the "40 years" this and "I give you not
>typing properly" that.

Nice. Difficult problem. Do any of the alternative 'input locals' in
Control Panel/Keyboards provide a way to change specific keys?

If not, maybe something like this program:
http://solair.eunet.yu/~minya/Programs/klm/index.html

You could then replace the letters on the bottom row of the physical
keyboard with labels as dodgy or complicated as you wanted to get.

Quite a dirty solution, but it would work.

will

> yes, and the end user didn't appreciate me telling her that I was 99.9%
> sure that they dont make them.

#### maybe you can cut a hole in the right-B position, and link(glue) it
with a stick to the actual B on the left, so when she hits the right-B,
left-B will follow.

will.

JWilson

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an older user who learned ot type on a type writer, and
> apparently, she was taught to type the letter 'b' with her right hand,
> and after almost 40 years of typing she has to go ergonomic, but is a
> bit annoyed about the 'b' thing.
>
> So, anyone know where I could possibly get an ergo KB with the 'b' key
> on the right?
>
> --
> Dave Hall
> http://www.dave.net.nz
> http://www.karyn.net.nz

Why not just reconfigure the keyboard with software like
http://www.finaldownload.com/utiliti...converter.html

Don Hills

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>She wanted to know the phone number of a manufacturer... at that point,
>the smirk on my face appears to have been visible through the phone
>line, and she let rip with the "40 years" this and "I give you not
>typing properly" that.

www.pckeyboard.com

They're a US firm, but they will build what she wants.
They will most likely base it on the IBM Adjustable model (I have one),
which has the 'B' on the left in standard form. It's a very high quality
keyboard, and if she's a good typist she'll be well pleased with the
"touch". The only problem is that mine cost me NZ$250 several years ago, and
I doubt a custom model will be cheaper.

You can see a picture of it here:
http://vine.web.infoseek.co.jp/keyboard/13h6689/

It's ironic that people who are too smart to engage in politics
are governed by people who are not as smart.

Bret

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:48:19 +1300, will wrote:

>> yes, and the end user didn't appreciate me telling her that I was 99.9%
>> sure that they dont make them.

> #### maybe you can cut a hole in the right-B position, and link(glue) it
> with a stick to the actual B on the left, so when she hits the right-B,
> left-B will follow.
>
> will.

LOL