Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Adding driver files to Windows

Adding driver files to Windows

Patrick Dunford

How can I put my third party printer drivers into the Windows
folder/subfolders so that Windows will reference these driver files as
well as the built in ones when it autodetects my printer? And that
Windows will give me the name of my printer in the dialog box that tells
me to select a printer by name, without having to click Have Disk and
browse?

EMB

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> How can I put my third party printer drivers into the Windows
> folder/subfolders so that Windows will reference these driver files as
> well as the built in ones when it autodetects my printer? And that
> Windows will give me the name of my printer in the dialog box that tells
> me to select a printer by name, without having to click Have Disk and
> browse?

These links may be some help

http://netsys.syr.edu/micnet/win95-tech/prdriver.htm

--
EMB

Patrick Dunford

EMB wrote:
> Patrick Dunford wrote:
>
>> How can I put my third party printer drivers into the Windows
>> folder/subfolders so that Windows will reference these driver files as
>> well as the built in ones when it autodetects my printer? And that
>> Windows will give me the name of my printer in the dialog box that
>> tells me to select a printer by name, without having to click Have
>> Disk and browse?

> These links may be some help

> http://netsys.syr.edu/micnet/win95-tech/prdriver.htm

thanks