Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon Ad gone

Orcon Ad gone

Dave - Dave.net.nz

I notice that the ads seem to be gone from Ocon customers posts.

also, just a minor thing, I found this when searching for some of
Brendans "observations" about if most companies offer a server, all have
to, or state otherwise. This isn't it, but may be of interest to you lot.

http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/c...efailures.html

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Chris Mayhew

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> I notice that the ads seem to be gone from Ocon customers posts.
>
> also, just a minor thing, I found this when searching for some of
> Brendans "observations" about if most companies offer a server, all have
> to, or state otherwise. This isn't it, but may be of interest to you lot.
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/c...efailures.html

Nope, but it did say on that page that if the service is agreed to then
they must provide a reasonable service or if they advertise a service
which I think you could say that they have done by posting in a publick
forum, i.e, this NG that a certain service is not only available but has
been upgraded.

The Other Guy

Would sombody care to point out which ad is being discussed?

Thanks,

TOG

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> I notice that the ads seem to be gone from Ocon customers posts.
>
> also, just a minor thing, I found this when searching for some of
> Brendans "observations" about if most companies offer a server, all have
> to, or state otherwise. This isn't it, but may be of interest to you lot.
>
> http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/c...efailures.html

The Other Guy

Nevermind, I worked it out.

For anyone else who didn't get it right away, they are talking about the
newsfeeds.com advertising at the bottom of posts

TOG

Patrick Dunford

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Thu, 04 Nov 2004
09:37:01 +1300, Chris Mayhew <no^^^@no.net> says...
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> > I notice that the ads seem to be gone from Ocon customers posts.
> >
> > also, just a minor thing, I found this when searching for some of
> > Brendans "observations" about if most companies offer a server, all have
> > to, or state otherwise. This isn't it, but may be of interest to you lot.
> >
> > http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/c...efailures.html
> >

> Nope, but it did say on that page that if the service is agreed to then
> they must provide a reasonable service or if they advertise a service
> which I think you could say that they have done by posting in a publick
> forum, i.e, this NG that a certain service is not only available but has
> been upgraded.

Don';'t think there is any question of that, but there is a question over
whether they are required to provide a news server in the first place.

Chris Mayhew

The Other Guy wrote:
> Would sombody care to point out which ad is being discussed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TOG
>
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>
>> I notice that the ads seem to be gone from Ocon customers posts.
>>
>> also, just a minor thing, I found this when searching for some of
>> Brendans "observations" about if most companies offer a server, all
>> have to, or state otherwise. This isn't it, but may be of interest to
>> you lot.
>>
>> http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/c...efailures.html

This one, though apparently it is now gone. Of course people could
always have put their own sig file at the end of their posts with the
"-- " so it didn't get reposted all the time......

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
Newsgroups

Patrick Dunford

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Thu, 04 Nov 2004
09:41:16 +1300, The Other Guy <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Would sombody care to point out which ad is being discussed?

The newsfeeds banner at the bottom of each outgoing message.

Chris Mayhew

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Thu, 04 Nov 2004
> 09:37:01 +1300, Chris Mayhew <no^^^@no.net> says...
>
>>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>>
>>>I notice that the ads seem to be gone from Ocon customers posts.
>>>
>>>also, just a minor thing, I found this when searching for some of
>>>Brendans "observations" about if most companies offer a server, all have
>>>to, or state otherwise. This isn't it, but may be of interest to you lot.
>>>
>>>http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/c...efailures.html
>>>

>>Nope, but it did say on that page that if the service is agreed to then
>>they must provide a reasonable service or if they advertise a service
>>which I think you could say that they have done by posting in a publick
>>forum, i.e, this NG that a certain service is not only available but has
>>been upgraded.

> Don';'t think there is any question of that, but there is a question over
> whether they are required to provide a news server in the first place.

Whether they are required to in the first place is a moot point in this
case as they have advertised it as a service.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Chris Mayhew wrote:
>> Don';'t think there is any question of that, but there is a question
>> over whether they are required to provide a news server in the first
>> place.

> Whether they are required to in the first place is a moot point in this
> case as they have advertised it as a service.

no they havent, unless mentioning it on their webpage, one page only, is
advertising it.
personally I dont see it as advertising, only one mention on their
server page.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>>> Don';'t think there is any question of that, but there is a question
>>> over whether they are required to provide a news server in the first
>>> place.

>> Whether they are required to in the first place is a moot point in
>> this case as they have advertised it as a service.

> no they havent, unless mentioning it on their webpage, one page only, is
> advertising it.
> personally I dont see it as advertising, only one mention on their
> server page.

just tp be clear.
http://www.orcon.net.nz/help/setting...s.orcon.net.nz

--