Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Linux Spammers / Liars

Linux Spammers / Liars

Patrick Dunford

Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
@xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?

thing

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
> @xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?

Can we see the mail headers? it may well be your email setup does not
agree with what majordomo thinks you are. If they dont line up you
cannot un-subscribe.

Often at the subscritpion web site is an email addy you can link to to
get it done manually.

You subscribed to a list, thats asking for the email, that is not spamming.

regards

Thing

Patrick Dunford

In article <aeGhd.29113$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
Nov 2004 19:57:52 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Patrick Dunford wrote:
> > Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
> > @xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?
> >

> Can we see the mail headers? it may well be your email setup does not
> agree with what majordomo thinks you are. If they dont line up you
> cannot un-subscribe.
>
> Often at the subscritpion web site is an email addy you can link to to
> get it done manually.
>
> You subscribed to a list, thats asking for the email, that is not spamming.

When they refuse to remove you from a list it is - heard of "opt out"
lists?

thing

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> In article <aeGhd.29113$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
> Nov 2004 19:57:52 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>
>>Patrick Dunford wrote:
>>
>>>Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
>>>@xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?
>>>

>>Can we see the mail headers? it may well be your email setup does not
>>agree with what majordomo thinks you are. If they dont line up you
>>cannot un-subscribe.
>>
>>Often at the subscritpion web site is an email addy you can link to to
>>get it done manually.
>>
>>You subscribed to a list, thats asking for the email, that is not spamming.

> When they refuse to remove you from a list it is - heard of "opt out"
> lists?

Would be unusual, most likely a email/domain mis-match.

They are not selling anything, you do not have to part with $, so its
not really spam.

incl some headers so we can see, or stop raving...

regards

Thing

Patrick Dunford

In article <CHGhd.29116$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
Nov 2004 20:29:15 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Patrick Dunford wrote:
> > In article <aeGhd.29113$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
> > Nov 2004 19:57:52 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> says...

> >>Can we see the mail headers? it may well be your email setup does not
> >>agree with what majordomo thinks you are. If they dont line up you
> >>cannot un-subscribe.
> >>
> >>Often at the subscritpion web site is an email addy you can link to to
> >>get it done manually.
> >>
> >>You subscribed to a list, thats asking for the email, that is not spamming.

> > When they refuse to remove you from a list it is - heard of "opt out"
> > lists?

> Would be unusual, most likely a email/domain mis-match.
>
> They are not selling anything, you do not have to part with $, so its
> not really spam.
>
> incl some headers so we can see, or stop raving...

Bad choice, you just showed you are prejudiced, get off this thread if
you can't admit your own bias.

Enkidu

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:20:58 +1300, Patrick Dunford
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
>@xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?

Ditto for msexchange.org

Cheers,

Cliff

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Patrick Dunford <(E-Mail Removed)> ejaculated:

>... get off this thread if
>you can't admit your own bias.

BWAHAH~1

thing

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> In article <CHGhd.29116$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
> Nov 2004 20:29:15 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>
>>Patrick Dunford wrote:
>>
>>>In article <aeGhd.29113$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Tue, 02
>>>Nov 2004 19:57:52 +1300, thing <(E-Mail Removed)> says...

>>>When they refuse to remove you from a list it is - heard of "opt out"
>>>lists?

>>Would be unusual, most likely a email/domain mis-match.
>>
>>They are not selling anything, you do not have to part with $, so its
>>not really spam.
>>
>>incl some headers so we can see, or stop raving...

> Bad choice, you just showed you are prejudiced, get off this thread if
> you can't admit your own bias.

are you on wacky backy?

or a simple twerp?

or woger?

probably woger....

regards

Thing

Steve

Patrick Dunford wrote:
> Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
> @xfree86org? How about getting a reply to mail sent to the list owner?

Nope. Leaving the company was the only way to get rid of them. They'll
still be getting the emails, though.

Cr*p group anyway.

Steve

Matthias

Patrick Dunford wrote:

> Has anyone ever managed to unsubscribe successfully from xfree86
> @xfree86org?

Yes, I just subscribed to the mailing list, requested my password, and
unsubscribed successfully.

Works for me...

-- Matthias