Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Friken Idiots with Computers...

Friken Idiots with Computers...

The Hobbit

Great - the wife just got an email from one of the exhibitors at the home
show who decided to send a 'courtesy email' to tell us that we'll be getting
something in the post - however they also managed to include ALL the email
addresses of everyone else who'd left their details with them.

They're blaming a 'technical glitch' which in truth boils down to them
installing ACT! and some one not configuring it correctly so that their
group emails aren't BCCed.

They're apologetic enough, but it's just sloppiness on their part
(especially since even a simple test post prior to using potential customers
email addresses would have highlighted the issues to anyone looking for it)
but what really rips my nightie is they're blaming the software and not the
complete waste of oxygen who configured it for the stuff up. Ah well,
there's a few major law firms domains on the list - I hope one of them give
them a whacking too.

Anyone want 26 highly qualified leads for renovation supplies?

/rant

steve

The Hobbit wrote:

> Anyone want 26 highly qualified leads for renovation supplies?
>
> /rant

Good one.

--
Distributed Computing Projects:
SETI at Home

Snufkin

In article <HgFhd.2227$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"The Hobbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anyone want 26 highly qualified leads for renovation supplies?

Only 26 leads? It was hardly worth have a stall at the Home Show.

--
......Snufkin

Bruce Sinclair

In article <HgFhd.2227$(E-Mail Removed)>, "The Hobbit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Great - the wife just got an email from one of the exhibitors at the home
>show who decided to send a 'courtesy email' to tell us that we'll be getting
>something in the post - however they also managed to include ALL the email
>addresses of everyone else who'd left their details with them.
>
>They're blaming a 'technical glitch' which in truth boils down to them
>installing ACT! and some one not configuring it correctly so that their
>group emails aren't BCCed.
>
>They're apologetic enough, but it's just sloppiness on their part
>(especially since even a simple test post prior to using potential customers
>email addresses would have highlighted the issues to anyone looking for it)
>but what really rips my nightie is they're blaming the software and not the
>complete waste of oxygen who configured it for the stuff up. Ah well,
>there's a few major law firms domains on the list - I hope one of them give
>them a whacking too.

I once got 4 emails from one supplier ... 3.95 of them were just the email
addresses of the others it was sent to.
I was polite in my request for this not to happen again ... and they pretty
much admitted it was (as you say) human error. The good news is, they have
learned and never done it again

Bruce

------------------------------
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

-Redd Foxx

(if there were any)

Gordon

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:52:26 +1300, The Hobbit wrote:

> Great - the wife just got an email from one of the exhibitors at the home
> show who decided to send a 'courtesy email' to tell us that we'll be getting
> something in the post - however they also managed to include ALL the email
> addresses of everyone else who'd left their details with them.

WOW! Some people just do not know how to deal with the technology do they
now?

Others fail to realise this.