Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Zealots. - rant.

Zealots. - rant.

Paul

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:35:10 +1300, "Rider"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Rider wrote:
>>> Were you not aware that different colours and the icon set completely
>>> change the way the system operates?

>> I assume you're joking, god I hope you're joking, tell me you're joking.
>>
>>> Did he call you a n00b as well? LoL

>> nah, Im bigger than him, he sat down and did work related work rather than
>> ****ing about with my machine.
>>

>I had someone fiddle with my pc at work a few years ago. So while he was out
>one day I took a screenshot of his desktop, then made it his wallpaper and
>deleted all his icons. Took him ages to figure out why none of his programs
>would work
>
>Rider

LMAO.... nice....

There's one for work tomorrow....

David Preece

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Apparently I had chosen the wrong "Icon set", the wrong "colour scheme"
> and a few other things... I stopped listening at that point.

He's not a Zealot, he's a pain in the arse.

Dave

Dave - Dave.net.nz

David Preece wrote:
>> Apparently I had chosen the wrong "Icon set", the wrong "colour
>> scheme" and a few other things... I stopped listening at that point.

> He's not a Zealot, he's a pain in the arse.

you got that right.
he's in the process of getting himself fired anyway... at least from
what I have heard around work.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

steve

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> He just didn't seem to understand that icon sets and colour schemes just
> dont matter to me, even when I showed him my windows desktop, he wanted
> to change it, FFS, he deserved the beating I wanted to give him for
> changing things.

......and fair enough, too.

Hope you told him to keep his hands to himself...and his own PC(s).

--
Distributed Computing Projects:
SETI at Home

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>David Preece wrote:
>>> Apparently I had chosen the wrong "Icon set", the wrong "colour
>>> scheme" and a few other things... I stopped listening at that point.

>> He's not a Zealot, he's a pain in the arse.

>you got that right.
>he's in the process of getting himself fired anyway... at least from
>what I have heard around work.

If he has anything to do with customers (of any description) this is
probably a good thing. Failure to listen should be a capital offence IMO of
course

Bruce

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

-Redd Foxx

(if there were any)