Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > newsgroups

newsgroups

David

attar **** the newsgroups now impossible to
download all the headers and slow.

David

David wrote:
> attar **** the newsgroups now impossible to
> download all the headers and slow.
>
> David

> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

Ahh its good that there are people to remind us of this every few
minutes in a new thread.

<Yawn>

Dave - Dave.net.nz

David wrote:
> attar **** the newsgroups now impossible to
> download all the headers and slow.

thats because Infogen are Orcon now, and Orcons news service sucks.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Z wrote:
>> attar **** the newsgroups now impossible to
>> download all the headers and slow.

> Ahh its good that there are people to remind us of this every few
> minutes in a new thread.
> <Yawn>

he probably isn't aware that his visp is hanging off orcon.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

David

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 12:56:28 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Z wrote:
>>> attar **** the newsgroups now impossible to
>>> download all the headers and slow.

>> Ahh its good that there are people to remind us of this every few
>> minutes in a new thread.
>> <Yawn>

>he probably isn't aware that his visp is hanging off orcon.

i do now orcon sucks then

Dave - Dave.net.nz

David wrote:
>>>Ahh its good that there are people to remind us of this every few
>>>minutes in a new thread.
>>><Yawn>

>>he probably isn't aware that his visp is hanging off orcon.

> i do now orcon sucks then

yep, I suggest you email Genesis energy and tell them about the hassles
you've been having with them since the change over, make them aware of it.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Brendan

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 11:51:43 +1300, David wrote:

> attar **** the newsgroups now impossible to
> download all the headers and slow.

On Orcon, yes. Thankfully I got a free news account with someone else a
long time ago when Orcon first started to play up.

It's pretty **** poor when FREE services are better than the one you are
paying for.

So, why not use the free one ? Well, if Orcon likes to reduce my charges by
~$10 a month (about the cost of a usenet provider from overseas - there is
no gauarntees the free one will last), I'll do that.

--

.... Brendan

"The English instinctively admire any man who has no talent and is modest about it." -- James Agate

Note: All my comments are copyright 2/11/2004 12:31:34 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Hmmm

Brendan wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 11:51:43 +1300, David wrote:
>

>>attar **** the newsgroups now impossible to
>>download all the headers and slow.

> On Orcon, yes. Thankfully I got a free news account with someone else a
> long time ago when Orcon first started to play up.
>
> It's pretty **** poor when FREE services are better than the one you are
> paying for.
>
> So, why not use the free one ? Well, if Orcon likes to reduce my charges by
> ~$10 a month (about the cost of a usenet provider from overseas - there is
> no gauarntees the free one will last), I'll do that.

where does it say that an isp has to provide a newsfeed at all?
ISP - Internet Service Provider....

They provide an internet connection.. anything else is bonus material..

Brendan

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:08:26 +1300, Hmmm wrote:

> where does it say that an isp has to provide a newsfeed at all?
> ISP - Internet Service Provider....

The Consumer's Guarantee's Act says it. All other notable ISP's provide one
and it is now a consumer expectation.

--

.... Brendan

"Our civilisation is still in a middle stage, no longer wholly guided by
instinct, not yet wholly guided by reason"

Theodore Dreiser, American author.

Note: All my comments are copyright 2/11/2004 10:36:09 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

* THE BELOW ADVERT IS NOT MY WORK AND IS APPENDED AGAINST MY WISHES. *
* NEWSFEEDS.COM'S CLAIM OF 100,000 GROUPS IS BOGUS AS MANY OF THEM *
* ARE ILLEGITIMATE AND DELETED BY MOST OTHERS. NEWSFEEDS.COM CANNOT *
*BE TRUSTED. THEY USE YOUR DISCUSSION AS A VEHICLE FOR SPAMMING USENET.*

Allistar

Brendan wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:08:26 +1300, Hmmm wrote:
>
>> where does it say that an isp has to provide a newsfeed at all?
>> ISP - Internet Service Provider....

> The Consumer's Guarantee's Act says it. All other notable ISP's provide
> one and it is now a consumer expectation.

Really? Does the consumer guarantees act really state that an ISP must
provide a newsfeed? I doubt it.

Allistar.