Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > its nice to drool

its nice to drool

while we discuss prices of 256/128 etc and our "full speed" adsl at 8
mbits (theoretical) other countries are rolling out their 50mbit adsl
connections..

http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf/...bt/news/321661

denmark also are rolling out their 100mbit adsl connections for home
users...

encourage mass immigration to nz so we can get some nice internet speeds

-[Myth]-

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:01:44 +1300, Z wrote:

> while we discuss prices of 256/128 etc and our "full speed" adsl at 8
> mbits (theoretical) other countries are rolling out their 50mbit adsl
> connections..
>
> http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf/...bt/news/321661
>
> denmark also are rolling out their 100mbit adsl connections for home
> users...
>
> encourage mass immigration to nz so we can get some nice internet speeds

key quote from the page linked above: "but they will make their ADSL lines
faster to compete with rivals in the sector."

colinco

In article Z says...
> while we discuss prices of 256/128 etc and our "full speed" adsl at 8
> mbits (theoretical) other countries are rolling out their 50mbit adsl
> connections..
>
> http://neasia.nikkeibp.com/wcs/leaf/...bt/news/321661
>
> denmark also are rolling out their 100mbit adsl connections for home
> users...
>
> encourage mass immigration to nz so we can get some nice internet speeds

You'll know when you can get those speeds when you can see the fibre
terminal on your boundary. Easy if the equivalent of a whole suburb
lives in a tower block.