Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Lavasoft Ad-aware update

Lavasoft Ad-aware update

joe_90

Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?

I'm running Ad-aware 6 Pro build 6.181 and on checking for updates I am
informed there is a new reference file available. The update gets to 5%
then says "Webupdate Complete" and stops.

Re-starting Ad-aware then results in a Warning that the reference file
was not found or is corrupted.

Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
that's 2002).

PseUDO

joe_90 wrote:
> Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?
>
> I'm running Ad-aware 6 Pro build 6.181 and on checking for updates I am
> informed there is a new reference file available. The update gets to 5%
> then says "Webupdate Complete" and stops.
>
> Re-starting Ad-aware then results in a Warning that the reference file
> was not found or is corrupted.
>
> Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
> that's 2002).

Im guessing that it uses the same reference as the other versions, so
try downloading the file and manually replace the old file with the new one?

http://download.lavasoft.de.edgesuit...ublic/defs.zip

PseUDO

Ferg

"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
news:iLUgd.24101$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?

Just updated. No problems.

Ferg

joe_90

PseUDO wrote:
> joe_90 wrote:
>
>> Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?
>>
>> I'm running Ad-aware 6 Pro build 6.181 and on checking for updates I
>> am informed there is a new reference file available. The update gets
>> to 5% then says "Webupdate Complete" and stops.
>>
>> Re-starting Ad-aware then results in a Warning that the reference file
>> was not found or is corrupted.
>>
>> Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
>> that's 2002).

> Im guessing that it uses the same reference as the other versions, so
> try downloading the file and manually replace the old file with the new
> one?
>
> http://download.lavasoft.de.edgesuit...ublic/defs.zip
>
> PseUDO

Yup, downloading the latest reference file and manually installing fixed
the problem - thanks. I'll steer clear of the online update for a while.

Interesting that the latest reference file is dated 26.10.2004 and the
online update was offering me 26.10.2002 - seems to have got itself
confused over the year.

joe_90

Ferg wrote:
> "joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
> news:iLUgd.24101$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?

> Just updated. No problems.

Thanks. Very odd.

Gordo

Hi,

There has been a new version out for a while ... 1.05se

Perhaps that has fixed some compaitibilty issues with updating.

Cheers

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:39:44 +1300, joe_90
<joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote:

>Anyone else having problems updating the reference file?
>
>I'm running Ad-aware 6 Pro build 6.181 and on checking for updates I am
>informed there is a new reference file available. The update gets to 5%
>then says "Webupdate Complete" and stops.
>
>Re-starting Ad-aware then results in a Warning that the reference file
>was not found or is corrupted.
>
>Re-running update offers a new reference file dated 26.10.2002 (yes,
>that's 2002).

Max Burke

> Gordo wrote:
> There has been a new version out for a while ... 1.05se
> Perhaps that has fixed some compaitibilty issues with updating.

NO. Two separate versions that have two separate ref files....

The 1.05se version is a new version of Adaware.
The 6.181 version is the old version that's still being supported because of
the large number of paying customers still using it.

Found Images

Gordon

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:31:46 +1300, Geronimo wrote:

> You are using a old outdated version its now SE

True, NB people Roger is correct. However the updates still work fine,
or used to for me. Have they dropped backwards compactability?

Gordon

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:11:19 +1300, joe_90 wrote:

> Interesting that the latest reference file is dated 26.10.2004 and the
> online update was offering me 26.10.2002 - seems to have got itself
> confused over the year.

A mere typo, or the lava wanted to think of times when it was soft.
Think about it.

Geronimo