Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Sticky Threads and Helpful Information

Sticky Threads and Helpful Information

=?Utf-8?B?cHV0bmlr?=

It seems that much good information quickly gets buried by other postings,
often about the same subject. Can some of those with the basic information be
put at the front of the queue?

I would suggest also some of the good links given in the past, eg:

Wireless Setup:
http://www.ezlan.net./#Wireless
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/more...elesstips.mspx

Disconnection Problems :
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/12948
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1164/

etc

Malke

putnik wrote:

> It seems that much good information quickly gets buried by other
> postings, often about the same subject. Can some of those with the
> basic information be put at the front of the queue?
>
> I would suggest also some of the good links given in the past, eg:
>
> Wireless Setup:
> http://www.ezlan.net./#Wireless
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/more...elesstips.mspx
>
> Disconnection Problems :
> http://www.dslreports.com/faq/12948
> http://www.overclockers.com/tips1164/

This is because you are using the web interface to these newsgroups,
which is awful. If you use a real newsreader, you won't have the
problem of "buried postings". Here is information to help you with
that, including explanations.

Since you are using the web interface, you may not realize that this is
really a newsgroup. You will get far more out of this resource if you
learn to use a newsreader. There are many good newsreaders for Windows,
but you can use Outlook Express since you already have it. Here are
some links to information about newsgroups:

About Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://groups.google.com/support/bin...ge=basics.html - Basics
of Usenet
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups

Using Outlook Express as Newsreader:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/outloo...snewreader.htm
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm

How to Post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

mdubar@googlemail.com

Thanks for educating me. I have found Google Groups which seems good.
I'm avoiding Outlook Express as I prefer using web based systems that
suit my somewhat itinerant life style.