Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Atrend Website???

Atrend Website???

Rider

I've got an Atrend motherboard I want to download the drivers for, but do
you think I can find their website ... noooooo. Anyone got a valid web
address that I can get drivers from. tried Google, tried Atrend, tried
a-trend ... both com and com.tw ... no go.

Rider

Mr Bond

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:25:25 +1300, "Rider"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've got an Atrend motherboard I want to download the drivers for, but do
>you think I can find their website ... noooooo. Anyone got a valid web
>address that I can get drivers from. tried Google, tried Atrend, tried
>a-trend ... both com and com.tw ... no go.
>
>Rider

I had the same problem recently. Quote from
http://www.techadvice.com/help/company/a/atrend.htm

"Note: The Atrend company Web Site (http://www.a-trend.com/,
http://www.atrend.com.tw/) has not been accessible most of 2002. We do
not know the cause at this time but the company might be out of
business"

Not sure what I ended up doing, I think it was a chipset driver I was
looking from. Two places to start would be driverguide (free
registration) or go to the source of the chipset (ie via, intel, sis,
etc).

Rider

"Mr Bond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:25:25 +1300, "Rider"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I've got an Atrend motherboard I want to download the drivers for, but do
>>you think I can find their website ... noooooo. Anyone got a valid web
>>address that I can get drivers from. tried Google, tried Atrend, tried
>>a-trend ... both com and com.tw ... no go.
>>
>>Rider
>>

> I had the same problem recently. Quote from
> http://www.techadvice.com/help/company/a/atrend.htm
>
> "Note: The Atrend company Web Site (http://www.a-trend.com/,
> http://www.atrend.com.tw/) has not been accessible most of 2002. We do
> not know the cause at this time but the company might be out of
> business"
>
> Not sure what I ended up doing, I think it was a chipset driver I was
> looking from. Two places to start would be driverguide (free
> registration) or go to the source of the chipset (ie via, intel, sis,
> etc).

I think I read the same website, bugger!!! It has onboard video which I am
unsure as to what it is. Oh well, I'll do some searching for the i810
chipset and see what comes up.

Cheers

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Rider wrote:
> I think I read the same website, bugger!!! It has onboard video which I am
> unsure as to what it is. Oh well, I'll do some searching for the i810
> chipset and see what comes up.

intel support...
http://support.intel.com/

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/

good luck, there were a few different versions

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

thing

Rider wrote:
> I've got an Atrend motherboard I want to download the drivers for, but do
> you think I can find their website ... noooooo. Anyone got a valid web
> address that I can get drivers from. tried Google, tried Atrend, tried
> a-trend ... both com and com.tw ... no go.
>
> Rider

Not in business any more I believe (I have one too)

:/

regards

thing

Mr Bond

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:10:06 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Rider wrote:
>> I think I read the same website, bugger!!! It has onboard video which I am
>> unsure as to what it is. Oh well, I'll do some searching for the i810
>> chipset and see what comes up.

>intel support...
>http://support.intel.com/
>
>http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/
>
>good luck, there were a few different versions

May be a stupid post, but if it is working okay presently (ie if you
have it working and are thinking of a reinstal or something), there is
a program HWiNFO32 that can tell you info about your hardware. Google
will tell you where.

Not sure if it would work though if you're running on the VGA drivers
as all it probably does is look up the driver.

Rider

"Mr Bond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:10:06 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Rider wrote:
>>> I think I read the same website, bugger!!! It has onboard video which I
>>> am
>>> unsure as to what it is. Oh well, I'll do some searching for the i810
>>> chipset and see what comes up.

>>intel support...
>>http://support.intel.com/
>>
>>http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/
>>
>>good luck, there were a few different versions

> May be a stupid post, but if it is working okay presently (ie if you
> have it working and are thinking of a reinstal or something), there is
> a program HWiNFO32 that can tell you info about your hardware. Google
> will tell you where.
>
> Not sure if it would work though if you're running on the VGA drivers
> as all it probably does is look up the driver.

I was going to install this board on a friends pc as his mobo blew up. But
I've since found from testing that there is an error on the CMOS battery
system. New battery but it keeps telling me the CMOS settings have been lost
and blah blah blah ... you get the picture. So its now a paper weight until
I can be arsed looking into it further.

Cheers