Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > News Followup problems ?

News Followup problems ?

Bruce Sinclair

Hi

I seem to be unable to 'followup' one particular posters posts. Click on
followup and get ... nothing. No error, no action, doesn't look as tho I did
anything at all.

Has anyone seen this before ? Anyone know what might cause this ? ...
and/or how to fix it ?

I'm using newsxpress ... but this hasn't been a problem in the past and
there are no (obvious) settings to do this sort of thing

Thanks

Bruce

------------------------------
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

-Redd Foxx

(if there were any)

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Bruce Sinclair wrote:
> I seem to be unable to 'followup' one particular posters posts. Click on
> followup and get ... nothing. No error, no action, doesn't look as tho I did
> anything at all.

> I'm using newsxpress ... but this hasn't been a problem in the past and
> there are no (obvious) settings to do this sort of thing

what does followup normally do?
which poster?
what client are they using?
are they the only user from that ISP?
is there anything odd in that users headers which may for some odd
reason stop you from "following up"?

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Collector_NZ

Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 28/10/2004 10:23:
> Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>
>> I seem to be unable to 'followup' one particular posters posts. Click
>> on followup and get ... nothing. No error, no action, doesn't look as
>> tho I did anything at all.

>> I'm using newsxpress ... but this hasn't been a problem in the past
>> and there are no (obvious) settings to do this sort of thing

> what does followup normally do?
> which poster?
> what client are they using?
> are they the only user from that ISP?
> is there anything odd in that users headers which may for some odd
> reason stop you from "following up"?

Followup is what I use when posting an F1 thread, it causes replies to
be posted to a specified group only. Eg if you reply to the F1 thread in
NZ.COMP it is posted only to the NZ.REC group.
Not all clients support it as far as I know. I suspect Outlook/E dosnt

--
He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.
Local 40.9000S, 174.9830E | |

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector_NZ wrote:
>> what does followup normally do?
>> which poster?
>> what client are they using?
>> are they the only user from that ISP?
>> is there anything odd in that users headers which may for some odd
>> reason stop you from "following up"?

> Followup is what I use when posting an F1 thread, it causes replies to
> be posted to a specified group only. Eg if you reply to the F1 thread in
> NZ.COMP it is posted only to the NZ.REC group.
> Not all clients support it as far as I know. I suspect Outlook/E dosnt

gotcha... ummmm no idea, any post in particular?
maybe we should move this to nz.test... followups set to there.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz