Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon UBS update

Orcon UBS update

MarkH

"Mike_P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Got switched over today... was originally told via email that switch
> over date would be 1 November but was pleasantly surprised to find we
> have been switched over 5 days earlier.

I just got my E-Mail today, said I will be switched over on the 5th
November. Oh well, better late than never I suppose. I'm getting sick of
this slow 128k stuff.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
understand binary and those that don't"

Dave - Dave.net.nz

-=rjh=- wrote:
> So.. that's 2 out of 19 peole here.
> They're really kcking that UBS along now.

well they have doubled the number that we switched over from yesterday.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>> So.. that's 2 out of 19 peole here.
>> They're really kcking that UBS along now.

> well they have doubled the number that we switched over from yesterday.

gah...
replace we with they... I dont work there...

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Mike_P wrote:
> Speed is the same as I was already on the 256k Surf 3Gb plan but now
> it's *unlimited* (and I'm not paying Telecom !!!).

it's not all rosie... Orcon still have to pay Telecom, so either way,
you're still paying them, albeit less and indirectly.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Mike_P

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mike_P wrote:
>> Speed is the same as I was already on the 256k Surf 3Gb plan but now it's
>> *unlimited* (and I'm not paying Telecom !!!).

> it's not all rosie... Orcon still have to pay Telecom, so either way,
> you're still paying them, albeit less and indirectly.

Yeah true... but before I was paying Telecom ~$39 & Orcon $10, now I pay
Telecom nothing. I know Orcon have to pay Telecom but still, it makes me
feel better !

wogers nemesis

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:53:41 +1300, Mike_P wrote:

> "The Other Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:417f437a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My new bill indicated a partial payment for JetStart until November 2nd,
>> and a partial BitStream payment from November 2nd to 22nd.
>>
>> I guess that means my switch date is November 2nd, even though I haven't
>> been informed of any date yet.
>>
>> The Other Guy
>>

> Hmm... my new bill, received today, showed billing for Surf until 1 Nov and
> then UBS from then until 22/11 but switched today (27/10). So you might get
> switched early too !, here's hoping anyway.

Hmm I'm supposed to be shifted but had no email telling me how to do it.
I just looked up their help site and put it my orcon http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
and it seems to be using bitstream. I don't know if the ordinary punter
will do this though...

Mutley

"Mike_P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Hmmm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:417f45ef_4@127.0.0.1...
>> Mike_P wrote:
>>> "The Other Guy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:417f437a$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Hmm... my new bill, received today, showed billing for Surf until 1 Nov
>>> and then UBS from then until 22/11 but switched today (27/10). So you
>>> might get switched early too !, here's hoping anyway.

>> How did you actually know you had been swtiched? did they tell you?
>> or did you just notice the speed increase?
>>

> Nope, DSL just died this morning... rung Orcon to see what the prob was and
>they said they would have to ring me back. They rung back within 5 mins and
>said Telecom had switched me over early (apparently been doing so with a
>large number of users all day!), gave me the new logon info (e.g.: change
>*username*@fastadsl.net.nz to *username*@orcon.net.nz) and off we went
>again. Speed is the same as I was already on the 256k Surf 3Gb plan but now
>it's *unlimited* (and I'm not paying Telecom !!!).
>
>Mike_P

My change over date was today the 29th. Well nothing happened. Tried
logging in as (E-Mail Removed) nothing. Next month??

I see that I have been billed for the November UBS content by Orcon.
I guess they will give a refund for that month if Telecom screws up
again..

Anyone else get their's changed over today??

[John]

Mutley wrote:
> "Mike_P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>How did you actually know you had been swtiched? did they tell you?
>>>or did you just notice the speed increase?
>>>

>>Nope, DSL just died this morning... rung Orcon to see what the prob was and
>>they said they would have to ring me back. They rung back within 5 mins and
>>said Telecom had switched me over early (apparently been doing so with a
>>large number of users all day!), gave me the new logon info (e.g.: change
>>*username*@fastadsl.net.nz to *username*@orcon.net.nz) and off we went
>>again. Speed is the same as I was already on the 256k Surf 3Gb plan but now
>>it's *unlimited* (and I'm not paying Telecom !!!).
>>
>>Mike_P
>>

> My change over date was today the 29th. Well nothing happened. Tried
> logging in as (E-Mail Removed) nothing. Next month??
>
> I see that I have been billed for the November UBS content by Orcon.
> I guess they will give a refund for that month if Telecom screws up
> again..
>

> Anyone else get their's changed over today??

Nothing happened?
What do you mean by that?

Mutley

"[John] " <""coupdat\"@_no)spam.gmail.comc"> wrote:

>Mutley wrote:

>> My change over date was today the 29th. Well nothing happened. Tried
>> logging in as (E-Mail Removed) nothing. Next month??
>>
>> I see that I have been billed for the November UBS content by Orcon.
>> I guess they will give a refund for that month if Telecom screws up
>> again..
>>

>> Anyone else get their's changed over today??
>>

>Nothing happened?
>What do you mean by that?

No connection to Orcon.. Had to put my old Jetsurf ID back in to
connect..

[John]

Mutley wrote:
> "[John] " <""coupdat\"@_no)spam.gmail.comc"> wrote:
>

>>Mutley wrote:

>>>My change over date was today the 29th. Well nothing happened. Tried
>>>logging in as (E-Mail Removed) nothing. Next month??
>>>
>>>I see that I have been billed for the November UBS content by Orcon.
>>>I guess they will give a refund for that month if Telecom screws up
>>>again..
>>>

>>>Anyone else get their's changed over today??
>>>

>>Nothing happened?
>>What do you mean by that?
>>

> No connection to Orcon.. Had to put my old Jetsurf ID back in to
> connect..

Perhaps you should call Orcon to find out why.