Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Cheapest web hosting in NZ...?

Cheapest web hosting in NZ...?

Barg

Any suggestions...?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Barg wrote:
> Any suggestions...?

Orcons freehost service.
You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent
seen that anywhere

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Rob

"Barg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tHAfd.23267$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any suggestions...?

Cheapest usually equals bad serice, and a large amount of server downtime,
plus over loaded server. You get what you pay for with hosting.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Rob wrote:
>>Any suggestions...?

> Cheapest usually equals bad serice, and a large amount of server downtime,
> plus over loaded server. You get what you pay for with hosting.

you get what you pay for with practically everything... yes there are
exceptions, but as a generalisation, it works.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

RT

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Barg wrote:
>> Any suggestions...?

> Orcons freehost service.
> You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent seen
> that anywhere

Does their freehost service support php and mysql ?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

RT wrote:
>>>Any suggestions...?

>>Orcons freehost service.
>>You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent seen
>>that anywhere

> Does their freehost service support php and mysql ?

dont think so.
is that one of the requirements?

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz
http://www.karyn.net.nz

RT

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Orcons freehost service.
>>>You cant get cheaper than free... unless they pay you? but I I havent
>>>seen that anywhere

>> Does their freehost service support php and mysql ?

> dont think so.
> is that one of the requirements?

I'm just asking because I'd like to know.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

RT wrote:
>>>Does their freehost service support php and mysql ?

>>dont think so.
>>is that one of the requirements?

> I'm just asking because I'd like to know.

I doubt it, it's free for a reason.
mine does.
www.synaptic.net.nz although webhosting isn't mentioned on there yet.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Nik Coughin

Barg wrote:
> Any suggestions...?

I use Kiwiwebhost. Not the cheapest but still cheap, PHP+SQL etc. and good
support.

http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz

Phil

"Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote in message
newsEDfd.11$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Barg wrote:
> > Any suggestions...?

> I use Kiwiwebhost. Not the cheapest but still cheap, PHP+SQL etc. and

good
> support.
>
> http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz

Apparently they have now been taken over by iserve. Not sure if it will
continue exactly they way it is, as iserve have their own hosting console.