Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows Update changed?

Windows Update changed?

Daniel

Just tried a Windows Update on my Windows XP box, and a couple of Windows
2000 PC's, and got the following message:-

<quote>
Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Microsoft Windows that helps you get
the most out of your computer.

Follow these steps to access Windows Update through the Help and support Center:
Click Start, and then click Help and support.
If you are running Windows XP, click Keep your computer up-to-date with Windows Update.
If you are running a Windows Server 2003 family product, click Windows Update.
</quote>

Anyone having a similar response?

TIA,

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Daniel wrote:
> Anyone having a similar response?

nope, working fine for me.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Daniel

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>
>> Anyone having a similar response?

> nope, working fine for me.

This is the URL we're getting back:-

http://v5.windowsuptate.microsoft.co...rks.aspx?ln=en

Geronimo

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:43:42 +1300, Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just tried a Windows Update on my Windows XP box, and a couple of Windows
>2000 PC's, and got the following message:-
>
><quote>
>Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
>
>Windows Update is the online extension of Microsoft Windows that helps you get
>the most out of your computer.
>
>Follow these steps to access Windows Update through the Help and support Center:
>Click Start, and then click Help and support.
>If you are running Windows XP, click Keep your computer up-to-date with Windows Update.
>If you are running a Windows Server 2003 family product, click Windows Update.
></quote>
>
>Anyone having a similar response?
>
>TIA,

Mine would not Update (Manual Logon) and a friends one it stated that some
thing was missing..

Geronimo

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:57:58 +1300, Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone having a similar response?

>> nope, working fine for me.
>>

>This is the URL we're getting back:-
>
>http://v5.windowsuptate.microsoft.co...rks.aspx?ln=en

And it does not work..

Rider

"Geronimo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:43:42 +1300, Daniel <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Just tried a Windows Update on my Windows XP box, and a couple of Windows
>>2000 PC's, and got the following message:-
>>
>><quote>
>>Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
>>
>>Windows Update is the online extension of Microsoft Windows that helps you
>>get
>>the most out of your computer.
>>
>>Follow these steps to access Windows Update through the Help and support
>>Center:
>>Click Start, and then click Help and support.
>>If you are running Windows XP, click Keep your computer up-to-date with
>>Windows Update.
>>If you are running a Windows Server 2003 family product, click Windows
>>Update.
>></quote>
>>
>>Anyone having a similar response?
>>
>>TIA,

> Mine would not Update (Manual Logon) and a friends one it stated that some
> thing was missing..

Common sense, knowledge? MS must read this newsgroup LoL

Rider

PseUDO

Daniel wrote:
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote: