Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Azureus is aware, are you

Azureus is aware, are you

Gordon

Okay people, scams abound, as do nasty people.

Just updated my version of Azureus, and upon testing this popped up.

IMPORTANT AZUREUS INFORMATION FOLLOWS
We would like to remind our users that there is only 1 place to get
the official Azureus client, which is http://azureus.sourceforge.net.
Both the official version (2.1.0.4) and the CVS versions can be
downloaded there.
WE DO NOT ISSUE FIXES / PATCHES through any other web-site, and our
updates NEVER come as .exe files.
Many adware / spyware / virus
versions of Azureus are running around the net these days, so we
ask you NOT to update from any non-official site.
WHEN AN UPDATE IS OFFICIAL, AZUREUS WILL TELL YOU SO.
DO NOT PATCH OR UPDATE YOUR AZUREUS FROM OTHER SITES!
If you have already done so, you are urged to install an
adware / spyware / virus removal tool, as you may have been infected.
Thanks, The Azureus Team

Unquote.

See, gentle people you need be aware.

Do we trust sourceforge? Well in a place where the bash the heck out of
the source, while allowing anyone who wishes to check out what they are
doing, in a manner or speaking, the answer has to be sure I do.

I find it interesting, and let us hope not, but iot is ahead of the times,
new an many illneses are discovered to attack the Penguin. For you see
people, as of now, I see the above warning message as proof that Azureus
is indeed a cross platform programme. Pity some parts of the platform are
sagging at present.

Azureus help Kurtis Computer Support 0 03-15-2007 12:46 AM
Problem with Azureus (bit torrent) Bob Computer Support 1 03-06-2006 02:57 PM
Azureus Figures. ~misfit~ NZ Computing 9 02-05-2006 12:53 PM
Azureus - How do I get rid of Authorization Required? DavPet Computer Support 5 07-02-2005 04:26 PM
Upgraded azureus, now dowloads are really slow Richard NZ Computing 10 05-07-2005 02:10 AM

Advertisments