Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access

Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access

Harry

Bruce Sinclair wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>Bruce Sinclair wrote:

>>> .. and while this is a good theory, it is still wrong

>>Yes, so that is why you have provided such an elaborate explanation as
>>to why bank checks are no good. I guess you get top marks at your
>>kindergarten for playing safely all the time.

> Bank cheques are simply a waste of time. There are better ways to pay for
> things now. They are simply outdated. Use them if you want. I wouldn't
> bother.

So how would you pay for a privately purchased car?
Would you kindly deposit the $40,000 in their bank before they
let you take possesion of the car?
Would they accept a personal check?
Or would you pay in cash?

>>Thank you for your wondrous explanation.
>>Now we are all so much wiser.

> 1) you didn't ask for an explanation

One shouldn't need to.

> 2) making you wiser seems to be either a never end or pointless task

Like you have tried so hard.

Harry

Collector_NZ wrote:

> Bruce Sinclair said the following on 28/10/2004 15:43:

>>>Yes, so that is why you have provided such an elaborate explanation as
>>>to why bank checks are no good. I guess you get top marks at your
>>>kindergarten for playing safely all the time.

>> Bank cheques are simply a waste of time. There are better ways to pay for
>> things now. They are simply outdated. Use them if you want. I wouldn't
>> bother.
>>

>>>Thank you for your wondrous explanation.
>>>Now we are all so much wiser.

>> 1) you didn't ask for an explanation
>> 2) making you wiser seems to be either a never end or pointless task
>>

>> Bruce
>>

> Now you have come to know the village idiot, and an imported one at that.
> --
> He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

How is the targeting of Harry Phillips at tux.com.au going?

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
(snip)
>> Bank cheques are simply a waste of time. There are better ways to pay for
>> things now. They are simply outdated. Use them if you want. I wouldn't
>> bother.

>So how would you pay for a privately purchased car?
>Would you kindly deposit the $40,000 in their bank before they
>let you take possesion of the car?
>Would they accept a personal check?
>Or would you pay in cash?

1) I would not buy a $40,000 car
2) Particularly, I would not buy a $40k car privately.
3) If I did, I would pay with a personal cheque. When that had cleared I
would return for the car and ensure all documentation was completed.

Easy.

>>>Thank you for your wondrous explanation.
>>>Now we are all so much wiser.

>> 1) you didn't ask for an explanation

>One shouldn't need to.

Why not ... if that's what you wanted ?

>> 2) making you wiser seems to be either a never end or pointless task

>Like you have tried so hard.

Can you please exaplin (see ... I'm asking ) why I need to make you wiser
? In what way does this help society for example ?

Bruce

------------------------------
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

-Redd Foxx

(if there were any)

Harry

Bruce Sinclair wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (snip)
>>> Bank cheques are simply a waste of time. There are better ways to pay
>>> for things now. They are simply outdated. Use them if you want. I
>>> wouldn't bother.

>>So how would you pay for a privately purchased car?
>>Would you kindly deposit the $40,000 in their bank before they
>>let you take possesion of the car?
>>Would they accept a personal check?
>>Or would you pay in cash?

> 1) I would not buy a $40,000 car

So because of your own personal experience there is no need
for anyone to use bank checks any more.

> 2) Particularly, I would not buy a $40k car privately.

Why not? A dealer would sell the same car for $55,000.

> 3) If I did, I would pay with a personal cheque. When that had cleared I
> would return for the car and ensure all documentation was completed.

Too bad if the car disappears in the meantime.
There is one born every day.

> Easy.

Easy to get ripped off. LOL.

>>> 1) you didn't ask for an explanation

>>One shouldn't need to.

> Why not ... if that's what you wanted ?

Why not indeed.

>>> 2) making you wiser seems to be either a never end or pointless task

>>Like you have tried so hard.

> Can you please exaplin (see ... I'm asking ) why I need to make you
> wiser ? In what way does this help society for example ?

Why bother posting a reply at all?

Crash

"Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[snip]

> So how would you pay for a privately purchased car?
> Would you kindly deposit the $40,000 in their bank before they
> let you take possesion of the car?
> Would they accept a personal check?
> Or would you pay in cash?

I sold a Fairlane Ghia last week as it happens for $35,000. The *buyer*
requested to pay by internet banking transfer and was happy to return the
following day to pick up the car.

As far as bank cheques are concerned they used to be as good as cash - but
that was when banks thought bouncing their own cheques was dishonourable
(pun intended). The excuse most often given for this is that the cheques
were stolen from the bank or reported stolen by the person to whom it was
issued. Insufficient funds cant be the case because the funds are
transferred to the bank on issuing the cheque.

Crash.

Harry

Crash wrote:

> "Harry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [snip]
>
>> So how would you pay for a privately purchased car?
>> Would you kindly deposit the $40,000 in their bank before they
>> let you take possesion of the car?
>> Would they accept a personal check?
>> Or would you pay in cash?

> I sold a Fairlane Ghia last week as it happens for $35,000. The *buyer*
> requested to pay by internet banking transfer and was happy to return the
> following day to pick up the car.

Lucky for him you were honest.
It would, however, be easy for a person to offer a car for sale,
have you credit funds to a (stolen) bank account, and that person then
withdraws the funds and disappears and you have no car.

And you would have trouble getting your money back. I don't think you
would get it back.

> As far as bank cheques are concerned they used to be as good as cash - but
> that was when banks thought bouncing their own cheques was dishonourable
> (pun intended). The excuse most often given for this is that the cheques
> were stolen from the bank or reported stolen by the person to whom it was
> issued. Insufficient funds cant be the case because the funds are
> transferred to the bank on issuing the cheque.

Exactly.
I mean because people steal cash doesn't mean that cash has no value.
Similarly because people can steal bank checks doesn't mean they don't
have any use any more.

Nathan Mercer

Waylon Kenning wrote:
> It seems like Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:36:58 +1300 was when "Dave -
> Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah blah...
>

>>nope, but if it helps, it works fine for me, one of the only bank sites
>>that seems to work completly properly.

> I have no problem with www.westpac.co.nz and their secure banking.
> Certainly a lot better than my friend with TSB, their internet banking
> is shocking. You can't even add new people to pay online, you have to
> go to their bank to do it! Shocking.

Yes, but TSB is cheap. As in good enough. As in high interest rates
and no fees. And locally owned

(you can add payee's via fax BTW)

Yes it backwards, yes they've been stating for years they are going to
upgrade their internet banking. Yes its still the same as its always been.

Good enough...