Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access

Mozilla and Kiwibank internet access

Collector_NZ

Waylon Kenning said the following on 27/10/2004 22:45:
> It seems like Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:20:58 +1300 was when Harry
> <(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah blah...
>

>>What's the point of having people like yourself?
>>Only 0.001% of the world wants your features.

> *sigh*
>
> Harry, I can't be bothered talking to you.
>
> Don't let the door hit you on your way out!
>
> *plonk*

Took you a while, it is amazing the number of people who cannot be
bothered with the Village Idiot

--
He was so narrow-minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.
Local 40.9000S, 174.9830E | |

Brendan

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:55:59 +1300, Collector_NZ wrote:

> Took you a while, it is amazing the number of people who cannot be
> bothered with the Village Idiot

I am proud to be one of the first to have kill filed him.

I cannot imagine what it is like to soo universally disliked.

Within the population on nz.comp, we have a high percentage of skilled,
intelligent people (a few red faced exceptions know who they are).

Harry can rest assured that his idiocy has been validated by clever people
skilled at assessing problems.

--

.... Brendan

"To me, Art is just some guy's name." - "The Magnificent Obsession"

Note: All my comments are copyright 28/10/2004 1:15:06 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

Harry

Collector_NZ wrote:

> Waylon Kenning said the following on 27/10/2004 22:45:
>> It seems like Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:20:58 +1300 was when Harry
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah blah...
>>

>>>What's the point of having people like yourself?
>>>Only 0.001% of the world wants your features.

>> *sigh*
>>
>> Harry, I can't be bothered talking to you.
>>
>> Don't let the door hit you on your way out!
>>
>> *plonk*

> Took you a while, it is amazing the number of people who cannot be
> bothered with the Village Idiot

So maybe you would like to help Waylon understand what
use bank checks are?

Or is your only interest in life is vendettas against anyone with
the name Harry.

Harry

Brendan wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:55:59 +1300, Collector_NZ wrote:
>
>> Took you a while, it is amazing the number of people who cannot be
>> bothered with the Village Idiot

> I am proud to be one of the first to have kill filed him.
>
> I cannot imagine what it is like to soo universally disliked.
>
> Within the population on nz.comp, we have a high percentage of skilled,
> intelligent people (a few red faced exceptions know who they are).
>
> Harry can rest assured that his idiocy has been validated by clever people
> skilled at assessing problems.

Or maybe the emperor(s) have no clothes. Should people in glass houses
throw so many stones?

Just maybe there are a lot of absolutely useless people who cannot, for
example, be bothered to tell Waylong what use bank checks are.

No, they wait until someone like myself tries to explain, then when
I give up in exasperation at Waylon's prolonged attempt to
explain away the need for bank checks, they weigh in with the usual
killfile stuff.

How about contributing some thoughts about bank checks?

Or is killfiling and plonking the only stuff that fills your brain.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
(snip)
>So maybe you would like to help Waylon understand what
>use bank checks are?

Bank cheques are for use when that is the only method of payment that the
person will accept. No, they do not guarantee payment as some think and
neither do they clear in less than the usual number of days

Bruce

------------------------------
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

-Redd Foxx

(if there were any)

Harry

Bruce Sinclair wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> (snip)
>>So maybe you would like to help Waylon understand what
>>use bank checks are?

> Bank cheques are for use when that is the only method of payment that the
> person will accept. No, they do not guarantee payment as some think and
> neither do they clear in less than the usual number of days

They do guarantee payment because they must be purchased
with cash or cleared funds.
Unless NZ is different from the rest of the developed world.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> (snip)
>>>So maybe you would like to help Waylon understand what
>>>use bank checks are?

>> Bank cheques are for use when that is the only method of payment that the
>> person will accept. No, they do not guarantee payment as some think and
>> neither do they clear in less than the usual number of days
>>

>They do guarantee payment because they must be purchased
>with cash or cleared funds.

... and while this is a good theory, it is still wrong

>Unless NZ is different from the rest of the developed world.

... then yes

Bruce

------------------------------

Bruce Sinclair wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>Bruce Sinclair wrote:
>>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> (snip)
>>>
>>> Bank cheques are for use when that is the only method of payment that
>>> the person will accept. No, they do not guarantee payment as some think
>>> and
>>> neither do they clear in less than the usual number of days
>>>

>>They do guarantee payment because they must be purchased
>>with cash or cleared funds.

> .. and while this is a good theory, it is still wrong

Yes, so that is why you have provided such an elaborate explanation as
to why bank checks are no good. I guess you get top marks at your
kindergarten for playing safely all the time.

>>Unless NZ is different from the rest of the developed world.

> .. then yes

Thank you for your wondrous explanation.
Now we are all so much wiser.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>Bruce Sinclair wrote:

>>>They do guarantee payment because they must be purchased
>>>with cash or cleared funds.

>> .. and while this is a good theory, it is still wrong

>Yes, so that is why you have provided such an elaborate explanation as
>to why bank checks are no good. I guess you get top marks at your
>kindergarten for playing safely all the time.

Bank cheques are simply a waste of time. There are better ways to pay for
things now. They are simply outdated. Use them if you want. I wouldn't
bother.

>Thank you for your wondrous explanation.
>Now we are all so much wiser.

1) you didn't ask for an explanation
2) making you wiser seems to be either a never end or pointless task

Bruce

------------------------------

Bruce Sinclair said the following on 28/10/2004 15:43:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>Bruce Sinclair wrote:

>>>.. and while this is a good theory, it is still wrong

>>Yes, so that is why you have provided such an elaborate explanation as
>>to why bank checks are no good. I guess you get top marks at your
>>kindergarten for playing safely all the time.

> Bank cheques are simply a waste of time. There are better ways to pay for
> things now. They are simply outdated. Use them if you want. I wouldn't
> bother.
>

>>Thank you for your wondrous explanation.
>>Now we are all so much wiser.

> 1) you didn't ask for an explanation
> 2) making you wiser seems to be either a never end or pointless task
>

> Bruce

Now you have come to know the village idiot, and an imported one at that.