Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > burning 2 CDs at once - it works

burning 2 CDs at once - it works

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?

well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e

Gordon

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:49:04 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
>
> well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
> on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

And your OS is?

Your hardware is?

cowboyz

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
>
> well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at
> 48x on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

yep, he also said you can't burn direct from cd to cd with both drives on
the same cable. He was wrong there too. Nothing unusal I know.

Max Burke

> Dave - Dave.net.nz scribbled:
> Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
> well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at
> 48x on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

What software?

--
(E-Mail Removed)
Found Images

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Gordon wrote:
>>Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
>>well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
>>on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

> And your OS is?
> Your hardware is?

XP-pro for the moment, using Nero for doing the burning.
Mobo is some $114 piece of crap(ass-rock?) with onboard everything, 768
MB of ram at the moment.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is (E-Mail Removed)e

GraB

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:01:14 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gordon wrote:
>>>Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
>>>well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
>>>on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

>> And your OS is?
>> Your hardware is?

>XP-pro for the moment, using Nero for doing the burning.
>Mobo is some $114 piece of crap(ass-rock?) with onboard everything, 768
>MB of ram at the moment.

So, ASRock gets your crap award. Why? I use the K7VT2 mobo for
Athlon, 266. Pretty happy with it. They are know as a stable mobo.

Here is an interesting ASRock mobo:
http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/asro...ade-880/g1.htm

Allows one to use an XP series CPU then upgrade to an Athlon 64 later,
without having to get a new mobo, just plug in a card and you're away.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

GraB wrote:
>>XP-pro for the moment, using Nero for doing the burning.
>>Mobo is some $114 piece of crap(ass-rock?) with onboard everything, 768
>>MB of ram at the moment.

> So, ASRock gets your crap award. Why? I use the K7VT2 mobo for
> Athlon, 266. Pretty happy with it. They are know as a stable mobo.

Cant say that I give it my crap award*... it does what it is meant to,
holds the other cards in it etc.

I just meant that it was just a cheap "shitter" mobo for a quick
replacement, if it was bad, I would have replaced it, but no complaints
sofar.

> Here is an interesting ASRock mobo:
> http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/asro...ade-880/g1.htm
> Allows one to use an XP series CPU then upgrade to an Athlon 64 later,
> without having to get a new mobo, just plug in a card and you're away.

indeed, read about it, find it quite interesting.
not that I understand how it would work at all, but I would have put the
K7 on the daughterboard, and had the mobo available as a stand alone
socket 754 aswell(with socket removed like other boards seem to do).

I would assume that it would save on dev costs so essencially you can
use one mobo for two markets... but umm yeah, like I said, no idea on
how it would work. :/

*No hardware has been given my crap award yet, I havent found a piece to
be that bad... they have only been limited by their own specs, which is
more my fault for getting said hardware.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is (E-Mail Removed)e

EMB

Gordon wrote:

> And your OS is?

Installed on my hardware

> Your hardware is?

Owned by me with my OS installed on it.

--
EMB

Geoff Wood

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
>
> well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x on
> a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

Dunno, but I regularly burn 14 at once without problems.

geoff

Mr Scebe

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
>
> well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
> on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

Impressive, does it make toast?

--
Mr Scebe
~Sean Connery in "The Rock"