Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Broadband next to the main trunk line.

Broadband next to the main trunk line.

Brett

I have been looking at the poles outside over the railway line.
The one's the electric trains move along. Gosh, I think. What,
potential. I know clear/telstra own's the pile that there fiber sits in,
so there local loop is like telecoms. So I think these poles.

Could they decorated cheaply like the wellington trolley bus root?

What equipment should my open source run on the rail poles.
I saw some nice cable layered out over japan.

Can you imagine how much a pole lease from Feilding to HunterVill.

Who could I write to @ railways ? to per mote this venture?

Brett (feilding)

Don Hills

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Brett <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

You are *so* behind the times. Fibre was laid along the Main Trunk years
ago, and probably other routes. Guess who owns it?

A quick Google search turned this up, and there are no doubt other hits.
http://www.med.govt.nz/pbt/telecom/tip5/nztsid07.html

It's ironic that people who are too smart to engage in politics
are governed by people who are not as smart.

Aaron Lawrence

Backbone bandwidth isn't the problem - it's the last mile that's the
problem..

Suddenly, Brett sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:24:07 +1300, Brett wrote:

> I have been looking at the poles outside over the railway line.
> The one's the electric trains move along. Gosh, I think. What,
> potential. I know clear/telstra own's the pile that there fiber sits in,
> so there local loop is like telecoms. So I think these poles.
>
> Could they decorated cheaply like the wellington trolley bus root?
>
> What equipment should my open source run on the rail poles.
> I saw some nice cable layered out over japan.
>
> Can you imagine how much a pole lease from Feilding to HunterVill.
>
> Who could I write to @ railways ? to per mote this venture?
>
> Brett (feilding)

Firstly, you should learn the difference between "there" and "their".

There = a place. Think of t-here.
Their = ownership. Think of t-heir.

Secondly, what do you mean by "per mote"?

And thirdly, since when do trolley buses have roots? They are machines not
plants!

Divine

--
Micro$oft Knowledge Base: "This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000
Service Pack 2."

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Don Hills wrote:
> You are *so* behind the times. Fibre was laid along the Main Trunk years
> ago, and probably other routes. Guess who owns it?

> A quick Google search turned this up, and there are no doubt other hits.
> http://www.med.govt.nz/pbt/telecom/tip5/nztsid07.html

Clear also run fibre down the main trunk.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e

Dave - Dave.net.nz

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Firstly, you should learn the difference between "there" and "their".
> There = a place. Think of t-here.
> Their = ownership. Think of t-heir.
> Secondly, what do you mean by "per mote"?
> And thirdly, since when do trolley buses have roots? They are machines not
> plants!

spelling/grammar nazi

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is (E-Mail Removed)e

nick

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don Hills wrote:
>> You are *so* behind the times. Fibre was laid along the Main Trunk years
>> ago, and probably other routes. Guess who owns it?

>> A quick Google search turned this up, and there are no doubt other hits.
>> http://www.med.govt.nz/pbt/telecom/tip5/nztsid07.html

> Clear also run fibre down the main trunk.

Clear was originally set up to offer cheap toll rates over TVNZ and Railways
links.

Waylon Kenning

It seems like Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:43:57 +1300 was when
"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> said Blah blah
blah...

>> potential. I know clear/telstra own's the pile that there fiber sits in,

<snip>
>Firstly, you should learn the difference between "there" and "their".

Oh really, who in here isn't intelligent enough to know what the
original poster really meant? There or their, I think in an informal
forum such as this, such spelling and grammar mistakes often picked
upon in here don't help the conversation, and may stop people with a
poor grasp of the English language from ever voicing their opinions.
--
Regards,
Waylon Kenning.

1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

Gordon

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:43:57 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Firstly, you should learn the difference between "there" and "their".
>
> There = a place. Think of t-here.
> Their = ownership. Think of t-heir.

Oh Divine, people have been using the one spelling of there and their so
often in this ng that I figure that we will soon have the one spelling for
two meanings.

We have at present refuse and refuse. See?

Gordon

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 16:54:19 +1300, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Schools have so failed to teach students good language skills, that
> tertiary institutions now employ remedial reading tutors for the students
> that have recently left High School! I personally know one such tutor.

Adverb after the verb. I know personally one such tutor.