Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > disk partition problem

disk partition problem

Ronnie Horesh

I have a 40GB hard drive. When I go into Windows computer management > Disk
Management, my computer's volume C (NTFS) is reported as having a capacity
of 18.62 GB in the upper panel, but as 28.50GB in the lower panel. Both are
marked 'healthy'. I seem to have lost 10GB. This occurred because, not know
what I was doing, I used an Acronis program [since deleted] to expand my C
drive [at the expense of the D and E drives]. The extra 10GB, which is
empty, seems to be inaccessible to me. Except in the lower panel of the Disk
Management program, the drive is reported as 18.62GB, so if anyone can help
me reclaim the 10GB for use I'd be grateful. TIA.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Ronnie Horesh wrote:

> I have a 40GB hard drive. When I go into Windows computer management > Disk
> Management, my computer's volume C (NTFS) is reported as having a capacity
> of 18.62 GB in the upper panel, but as 28.50GB in the lower panel. Both are
> marked 'healthy'. I seem to have lost 10GB. This occurred because, not know
> what I was doing, I used an Acronis program [since deleted] to expand my C
> drive [at the expense of the D and E drives]. The extra 10GB, which is
> empty, seems to be inaccessible to me. Except in the lower panel of the Disk
> Management program, the drive is reported as 18.62GB, so if anyone can help
> me reclaim the 10GB for use I'd be grateful. TIA.

you have probaly turned on hidden partition or similar... the point is
that you cant access that portion, so neither can a virus or other
infection... it is "kind of secure".

Just check through the options in True Image for secure partition or
secure backup and see what comes up.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e

Ronnie H

Thanks Dave. I followed your advice. I tried True Image, but the program
didn't distinguish between the different bits of the 'C' drive, so I
couldn't do anything. I tried another Acronis program, Disk Director - same
problem. This is a real mystery to me. But thanks anyway. R
news:(E-Mail Removed)...