Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Microsoft Partner Pack for Windows XP __ New.

Microsoft Partner Pack for Windows XP __ New.

Gordon

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:22:16 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

> If you choose not to comply with Microsofts requirements (to view their
> websites), there is no need for them to comply with your demands...

Have anyone here heard of the www.w3.org? A orginisation which sets the
standards which everyone should adhere to web browser/page wise.

Frankly Max post had better be tounge in cheek.

Gordon

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:34:33 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

>>>using XP?

>> No, Mandrake

> and this surprises you why?

Why do you think it suprises him?

Max Burke

> Mutlley scribbled:

>> Microsoft Partner Pack for Windows XP
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...px?prereq=true

> What a crock.

Not really....

> I access this link with Opera and get.
> "To download the Windows Partner Pack applications, you must have
> Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.01 or greater. Click here to
> download the latest version of Internet Explorer."

So use IE....

> Microshit is still up to it's old tricks..

Hardly....

If you choose not to comply with Microsofts requirements (to view their
websites), there is no need for them to comply with your demands...

Couldn't be much simpler than that, could it.

Just my .02c worth on more irrelevant whining and bitching about Microsoft.
Dont you ever get tired of behaving like that in this newsgroup?

Found Images

Max Burke

Do ALL other browsers comply with www.w3.org standards completely?

> Frankly Max post had better be tounge in cheek.

It's a straight forward response to the all too common stupid posts made in
this newsgroup about Microsoft.

If you choose to use a browser that cant view Microsofts websites then
that's because of YOUR choice.
Any problems YOU have because of the choice YOU made are YOUR problems NOT
Microsoft's....

If you want to View a Microsoft website (or any other website for that
matter) and that website requires you to use IE to do so then that IS what
you have to do.

It's that simple.

Or you could whine and bitch in nz.comp that Microsoft has to do what YOU
demand they do, but there is no way in hell that you'll ever do anything
that Microsoft asks you to do.

--
(E-Mail Removed)
Found Images

ChrisOD

AD. wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:34:33 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>

>>>No, Mandrake

>>and this surprises you why?

> It's not surprising at all, just short sighted.
>
> I was curious as to what it was and what it did, but the web site refused
> to tell me. Even though I don't personally use XP, I support other XP
> users and install/recommend stuff for them.
>
> Cheers
> Anton

for the curious but browserly challeged

Games
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...uperslyder.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...serpentine.htm

Sharing (is caring?)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par.../photosite.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...c/timezone.htm

AV
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...esc/etrust.htm

IE addons
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...esc/google.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...sc/gallery.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...sc/onfolio.htm

Stuff
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...k/desc/ufd.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...esc/paypal.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/par...esc/postit.htm

I tried a few in firefox and they worked

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:22:16 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

> If you choose not to comply with Microsofts requirements (to view their
> websites), there is no need for them to comply with your demands.

"Compliance" to view a website should be to the published W3C standard -
not to some pro M$ bullshit.

Divine

--
Micro$oft Knowledge Base: "This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000
Service Pack 2."

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:07:33 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

> Do ALL other browsers comply with www.w3.org standards completely?

Does the sun shine 24 hours a day?

Divine

--
Micro$oft Knowledge Base: "This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000
Service Pack 2."

NOSPAM@NOSPAM.invalid.com

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:07:33 +1300, Max Burke wrote:

> If you want to View a Microsoft website (or any other website for that
> matter) and that website requires you to use IE to do so then that IS what
> you have to do.
>
> It's that simple.

If a website designer is *so* moronically stupid that s/he creates a
website that is only viewable using ONE specific browser, than that
website designer is seriously banged in the head - has seriously addled
brains - is not interested in encouraging people to browser his/her
website(s).

Divine

--
Micro$oft Knowledge Base: "This problem was first corrected in Windows 2000
Service Pack 2."

Dave - Dave.net.nz

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>Do ALL other browsers comply with www.w3.org standards completely?

> Does the sun shine 24 hours a day?

yes actually. and it has done for quite some time.
but that doesnt answer his question, unless you're saying that all other
browsers do comply?

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is (E-Mail Removed)e

Dave - Dave.net.nz

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> If a website designer is *so* moronically stupid that s/he creates a
> website that is only viewable using ONE specific browser, than that
> website designer is seriously banged in the head - has seriously addled
> brains - is not interested in encouraging people to browser his/her
> website(s).

so how much does it have to work before you consider it working?
there are so many quirks with each browser that it just seems kinda
pointless to argue things like this.

I think that if you can read the text, and see the images, then a little
incorrect formatting can be forgiven.

Mozilla suite and firefox arent perfect, neither is Opera, neither is
IE, neither is "insert_browser_name_here".