Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Copying cookies between userids and computers.

Copying cookies between userids and computers.

richard

I have some cookies on one computer. They are called for example username1@somesite

I want to move these to another computer, and have them as for example

username2@somesite

can I simply rename them so the front part reflects the username on the new
computer and copy them across or is there more to it?

Geronimo!

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:22:24 +1300, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have some cookies on one computer. They are called for example username1@somesite
>
>I want to move these to another computer, and have them as for example
>
>username2@somesite
>
>can I simply rename them so the front part reflects the username on the new
>computer and copy them across or is there more to it?

Microsoft has info on copying user info, I have a link about it, but the
Cookies have user name tags on them, so they might not work..

Lawrence D’Oliveiro

In article <LaKcd.254$(E-Mail Removed)>,
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have some cookies on one computer. They are called for example
>username1@somesite
>
>I want to move these to another computer, and have them as for example
>
>username2@somesite
>
>can I simply rename them so the front part reflects the username on the new
>computer and copy them across or is there more to it?

The meaning of the cookie is entirely up to the server that gave it to
you. Changing anything in the cookie will, at best, cause the server to
stop recognizing it.

At worst, it could cause the server to malfunction, but no well-written
software would allow that.