Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently?

Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently?

samg

Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently? Just wondering how long
it takes for telecom to 'jetstream enable' your phoneline. Have been told
one to two weeks by sales staff but more interested in real world experience.

EMB

samg wrote:
> Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently? Just wondering how long
> it takes for telecom to 'jetstream enable' your phoneline. Have been told
> one to two weeks by sales staff but more interested in real world experience.

I've had 2 lines enabled recently. One was up and running in 2 working
days, the other was switched on at 10am on the day I specifically asked
for (a week in advance).

--
EMB
change two to the number to reply

Robert Bradshaw

samg wrote:
> Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently? Just wondering how long
> it takes for telecom to 'jetstream enable' your phoneline. Have been told
> one to two weeks by sales staff but more interested in real world experience.

signed up on a friday evening and tt was all going at 10am on the
Wednesday - so about 2 working days

samg

Robert Bradshaw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:41737a8d$1_4@127.0.0.1:

> samg wrote:
>> Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently? Just wondering how
>> long it takes for telecom to 'jetstream enable' your phoneline. Have
>> been told one to two weeks by sales staff but more interested in real
>> world experience.

> signed up on a friday evening and tt was all going at 10am on the
> Wednesday - so about 2 working days

good stuff, thx all

Mark

It took just under a week for a friend of mine
Regards
Mark

-**-
www.myoddjobs.co.nz :- Job auction website
-**-
Replace the Z with the e to reply

"EMB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ckvnm7$29v$(E-Mail Removed)...
> samg wrote:
> > Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently? Just wondering how

long
> > it takes for telecom to 'jetstream enable' your phoneline. Have been

told
> > one to two weeks by sales staff but more interested in real world

experience.

> I've had 2 lines enabled recently. One was up and running in 2 working
> days, the other was switched on at 10am on the day I specifically asked
> for (a week in advance).
>

> --
> EMB
> change two to the number to reply

~misfit~

samg wrote:
> Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently? Just wondering
> how long it takes for telecom to 'jetstream enable' your phoneline.
> Have been told one to two weeks by sales staff but more interested in
> real world experience.

Ordered 20th last month, enabled on 29th.
--
~misfit~

samg

"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:2tj6ntF1v2m02U1@uni-
berlin.de:

> samg wrote:
>> Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently? Just wondering
>> how long it takes for telecom to 'jetstream enable' your phoneline.
>> Have been told one to two weeks by sales staff but more interested in
>> real world experience.

> Ordered 20th last month, enabled on 29th.
> --
> ~misfit~

I signed up to orcon bitstream today and naturally once Ive decided to get
something, I want it NOW Wonder if xtra signups have priority over the
others. Heres hoping Im on by the end of the week.

~misfit~

samg wrote:
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:2tj6ntF1v2m02U1@uni-
> berlin.de:
>
>> samg wrote:
>>> Anyone switched from dialup to jetstream recently? Just wondering
>>> how long it takes for telecom to 'jetstream enable' your phoneline.
>>> Have been told one to two weeks by sales staff but more interested
>>> in real world experience.

>> Ordered 20th last month, enabled on 29th.
>> --
>> ~misfit~
>>

> I signed up to orcon bitstream today and naturally once Ive decided
> to get something, I want it NOW Wonder if xtra signups have
> priority over the others. Heres hoping Im on by the end of the week.

Good luck. I signed up for Orcon bitstream over two weeks ago and haven't
heard anything yet.
--
~misfit~

Steve

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[SNIP]

> > I signed up to orcon bitstream today and naturally once Ive decided
> > to get something, I want it NOW Wonder if xtra signups have
> > priority over the others. Heres hoping Im on by the end of the week.

> Good luck. I signed up for Orcon bitstream over two weeks ago and haven't
> heard anything yet.
> --
> ~misfit~

Ditto. I finally got a reply to my query about when it might happen but all
they would do was confirm I was in the queue and said they would let me know
when Telecom let them know. Sigh. Annoying as my Telecom billing cycle just
rolled over.

Cheers,

Steve