Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Firefox bookmark sorting?

Firefox bookmark sorting?

GraB

Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
that works. ??

Collector_NZ

GraB said the following on 15/10/2004 21:32:
> Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
> there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
> bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
> that works. ??

No short way but if you choose bookmarks >managebookmarks then you get
an explorer like interface that you can drag and drop the bookmarks.

Geronimo!

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:32:18 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
>that works. ??

There is a Extension that you can dnload to fix that..

Why we have to do that is beyond me..

A real cock up to me..

Chris Mayhew

Geronimo! wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:32:18 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
>>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
>>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
>>that works. ??

> There is a Extension that you can dnload to fix that..

Whats it called ?

> Why we have to do that is beyond me..
>
> A real cock up to me..

GraB

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:01:27 +1300, Geronimo!
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:32:18 +1300, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
>>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
>>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
>>that works. ??

>There is a Extension that you can dnload to fix that..
>
>Why we have to do that is beyond me..
>
>A real cock up to me..

Perhaps. The extension I tried wouldn't install because it wouldn't
work with the current version of Firefox.

GraB

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:44:29 +1300, Collector_NZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>GraB said the following on 15/10/2004 21:32:
>> Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
>> there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
>> bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
>> that works. ??

>No short way but if you choose bookmarks >managebookmarks then you get
>an explorer like interface that you can drag and drop the bookmarks.

I did try dragging folders up to the top but that didn't seem to work.
When looking for bookmark extensions there are only 4 in total. They
are going to have to fix the bookmarks.

samg

GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:5d2vm05ng1bvgdt5o2fvqaqs8fqtt1nqje@
4ax.com:

> Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
> there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
> bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
> that works. ??

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sortbookmarks

to get it going in 1.0 PR see post #66 on the above link.

samg

Geronimo! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> There is a Extension that you can dnload to fix that..
>
> Why we have to do that is beyond me..
>
> A real cock up to me..

bloody weird all right.

Collector_NZ

GraB said the following on 16/10/2004 03:31:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:44:29 +1300, Collector_NZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>GraB said the following on 15/10/2004 21:32:
>>
>>>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
>>>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
>>>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
>>>that works. ??

>>No short way but if you choose bookmarks >managebookmarks then you get
>>an explorer like interface that you can drag and drop the bookmarks.

> I did try dragging folders up to the top but that didn't seem to work.
> When looking for bookmark extensions there are only 4 in total. They
> are going to have to fix the bookmarks.

I am using Firefox 1.0.1 PRC and drag and drop in bookmark manager works
for me. Perhaps you have a software problem?

Collector_NZ

GraB said the following on 16/10/2004 03:31:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:44:29 +1300, Collector_NZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>GraB said the following on 15/10/2004 21:32:
>>
>>>Firefox bookmarks in the current version seem to get quite messy and
>>>there doesn't seem to be a way to sort them. New folders are down the
>>>bottom which is not convenient. There doesn't seem to be an extension
>>>that works. ??

>>No short way but if you choose bookmarks >managebookmarks then you get
>>an explorer like interface that you can drag and drop the bookmarks.

> I did try dragging folders up to the top but that didn't seem to work.
> When looking for bookmark extensions there are only 4 in total. They
> are going to have to fix the bookmarks.

Opps should have mentioned Drag and drop only works in the right hand
pane not the tree on the left pane -