Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re Woosh

Re Woosh

R Little

I installed Woosh about a week ago. I should have installed it much earlier,
it is so convenient. I have had a dial up connection for the last 6 years
and this is the best thing since sliced bread & no Telecom involvement.!
The only problem I have is that Woosh do not have a newsgroup server. Are
there any free NZ newsgroups on the net.?
Thanks

Gordon

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:38:06 +1300, R Little wrote:

> I installed Woosh about a week ago. I should have installed it much earlier,
> it is so convenient. I have had a dial up connection for the last 6 years
> and this is the best thing since sliced bread & no Telecom involvement.!

Yeah another follower, pity the path does not go everywhere.

> The only problem I have is that Woosh do not have a newsgroup server.

This is something which Ms Woosh is going have to see to.

> Are there any free NZ newsgroups on the net.?

News.Individual.NET

Works for me. Thanks to the person who suggested it in this ng a wee while
ago. As another posted. No binaries. Still in the main stream decomacracy
subjects it all go.

Google will get you the web site. They have not increased my spam as a
result.

Now, MS Woosh that does not mean you can ignore the lack of your newsgroup
server, some things change but newgroups have been around since the first
connection was made.

manuka

Where are you ? I've had mixed benefits with Woosh here in inner
Wellington ( work),with latency a regular downside. Grr ! Annoyingly
great signals at my LOS home location (10km across the harbour) are
USELESS since I'm outside their 6.5km POP radius footprint. Even
bigger Grr.

Newsgroups ! I've prefer now Google Groups for this, even when News
feed is available. Are you aware of this Google feature ?

Damon Nomad

On , , 16 Oct 2004 01:28:46 -0700, Re: Re Woosh,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (manuka) wrote:

>Where are you ? I've had mixed benefits with Woosh here in inner
>Wellington ( work),with latency a regular downside. Grr ! Annoyingly
>great signals at my LOS home location (10km across the harbour) are
>USELESS since I'm outside their 6.5km POP radius footprint. Even
>bigger Grr.

How would they know how far away you are especially if you are
mobile?

Steve

Damon Nomad wrote:
> On , , 16 Oct 2004 01:28:46 -0700, Re: Re Woosh,
> (E-Mail Removed) (manuka) wrote:
>

>>Where are you ? I've had mixed benefits with Woosh here in inner
>>Wellington ( work),with latency a regular downside. Grr ! Annoyingly
>>great signals at my LOS home location (10km across the harbour) are
>>USELESS since I'm outside their 6.5km POP radius footprint. Even
>>bigger Grr.

> How would they know how far away you are especially if you are
> mobile?

Timing.

Steve

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Damon Nomad wrote:
>>Where are you ? I've had mixed benefits with Woosh here in inner
>>Wellington ( work),with latency a regular downside. Grr ! Annoyingly
>>great signals at my LOS home location (10km across the harbour) are
>>USELESS since I'm outside their 6.5km POP radius footprint. Even
>>bigger Grr.

> How would they know how far away you are especially if you are
> mobile?

simple if statement.
if ping >x then disallow connection

replace ping with whatever method they use for latency calculation.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Woosh to Woosh Toxickiwi NZ Computing 7 11-01-2004 08:55 AM
Is Woosh the answer? Rats NZ Computing 9 09-17-2003 07:15 PM
The REAL question about 'woosh' Evil Bastard NZ Computing 21 09-17-2003 12:23 PM
Woosh pricing! Carl Elphick NZ Computing 29 09-17-2003 07:43 AM
No word about woosh yet? tony11 NZ Computing 6 09-15-2003 07:22 AM

Advertisments