Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > BC133KT-100 MB

BC133KT-100 MB

Damon Nomad

I have a machine sitting here, it has a BC133KT-100. It won't
boot up, I turn it on, there is one long beep, a pause then
another long beep followed by two short beeps. Nothing happens
after that, no screen display, the monitor stays in standby mode,
I've tried other monitors but no difference occurs.
It has 512Mb of memory, a Seagate 30Gb H/D, a Duron 800 and a
WinFast GeForce 2MX AGP card in it.
Can anyone suggest why it won't boot?
It is running WIN98 but I seriously doubt if that has anything to
do with it, it doesn't get remotely near a boot.

Hmmm

Damon Nomad wrote:
> I have a machine sitting here, it has a BC133KT-100. It won't
> boot up, I turn it on, there is one long beep, a pause then
> another long beep followed by two short beeps. Nothing happens
> after that, no screen display, the monitor stays in standby mode,
> I've tried other monitors but no difference occurs.
> It has 512Mb of memory, a Seagate 30Gb H/D, a Duron 800 and a
> WinFast GeForce 2MX AGP card in it.
> Can anyone suggest why it won't boot?
> It is running WIN98 but I seriously doubt if that has anything to
> do with it, it doesn't get remotely near a boot.

Depends on the BIOS as to what the beep codes mean, check your
motherboard manua

Usually, its a memory problem, graphics card problem, cpu problem, or
mboard problem.

take your pick, check that your graphics card and memory are firmly in.

If its award bios then good chance its yer video card
1 Long, 2 Short Video adapter failure Bad video adapter