Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Keyboard with inbuilt trackpad.

Reply
Thread Tools

Keyboard with inbuilt trackpad.

 
 
Alan Liefting
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2004
Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track pad
in an arrangement similar to a laptop?

This is to make our PC based stereo a little more ergonomic.

Cheers


Alan Liefting

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
linkdown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2004
Alan Liefting <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:416D8122.1070400
@ihug.co.nz:

> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track pad
> in an arrangement similar to a laptop?
>
> This is to make our PC based stereo a little more ergonomic.
>
> Cheers
>
>
> Alan Liefting
>


IBM make one, it's the same keyboard and trackpad as there thinkpads.

rua.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-13-2004
Alan Liefting wrote:
> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track pad
> in an arrangement similar to a laptop?


no, but if you find one thats wireless, tell me.
same purpose as you.
 
Reply With Quote
 
SNOman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-14-2004
Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Alan Liefting wrote:
>
>> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track pad
>> in an arrangement similar to a laptop?

>
>
> no, but if you find one thats wireless, tell me.
> same purpose as you.


These guys do a good range of wireless stuff

http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-keyboard.htm

We've got a 5113 multimedia IR keyboard which we've had for quite a
while. It has an integrated rollerball mouse which you use with your
thumb. I can't see it on the site anymore so presumably it's been
superseded, but I don't know with what.

We sourced it through http://www.acquire.co.nz

 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-14-2004
SNOman wrote:
>>> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track
>>> pad in an arrangement similar to a laptop?


>> no, but if you find one thats wireless, tell me.
>> same purpose as you.


> These guys do a good range of wireless stuff
> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-keyboard.htm
> We've got a 5113 multimedia IR keyboard which we've had for quite a
> while. It has an integrated rollerball mouse which you use with your
> thumb. I can't see it on the site anymore so presumably it's been
> superseded, but I don't know with what.


found this.
http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-21keyboard.htm
 
Reply With Quote
 
SNOman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-14-2004
Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> SNOman wrote:
>
>>>> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track
>>>> pad in an arrangement similar to a laptop?

>
>
>>> no, but if you find one thats wireless, tell me.
>>> same purpose as you.

>
>
>> These guys do a good range of wireless stuff
>> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-keyboard.htm
>> We've got a 5113 multimedia IR keyboard which we've had for quite a
>> while. It has an integrated rollerball mouse which you use with your
>> thumb. I can't see it on the site anymore so presumably it's been
>> superseded, but I don't know with what.

>
>
> found this.
> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-21keyboard.htm

That's not it, it looks like this

http://www.hardwareseeker.com/products/5113rf/

This is the only picture I've been able to find. You can see the mouse
'button' at the top right, it's a pressure sensitive direction thumb
button. The right/left mouse buttons are at top left.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-14-2004
SNOman wrote:
>>>>> Anyone know of suppliers who sell a keyboard with an inbuilt track
>>>>> pad in an arrangement similar to a laptop?


>>>> no, but if you find one thats wireless, tell me.
>>>> same purpose as you.


>>> These guys do a good range of wireless stuff
>>> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-keyboard.htm
>>> We've got a 5113 multimedia IR keyboard which we've had for quite a
>>> while. It has an integrated rollerball mouse which you use with your
>>> thumb. I can't see it on the site anymore so presumably it's been
>>> superseded, but I don't know with what.


>> found this.
>> http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-21keyboard.htm


> That's not it, it looks like this
> http://www.hardwareseeker.com/products/5113rf/


I wasn't meaning that I had foundthe replacement one, just some that
would do., the second one on the page looked more suitible than the first.

> This is the only picture I've been able to find. You can see the mouse
> 'button' at the top right, it's a pressure sensitive direction thumb
> button. The right/left mouse buttons are at top left.


we have one or two of them here at work for video conferencing... migth
have a nose around and fine where we get them from.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Inbuilt wireless card Jack \(MVP-Networking\). Wireless Networking 0 12-15-2006 02:42 PM
Print without using any inbuilt function? ragav C Programming 13 12-14-2006 07:21 AM
Do some ATX powersupplies have an inbuilt circuit breaker? Gaius Baltar Computer Support 4 12-09-2006 10:44 AM
inbuilt function buffer() km Python 0 01-20-2005 10:10 AM
Inbuilt decimal to binary conversion function in C++ Raja C++ 2 06-17-2004 11:10 AM



Advertisments