Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > sky decoder program

sky decoder program

Asterix

Hi

Does someone have a link to a site where you can download the program that
de-scrambles the sky analog channels?

Cheers

JohnO

"Asterix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Does someone have a link to a site where you can download the program that
> de-scrambles the sky analog channels?
>
> Cheers

goofle for hvcplus

Asterix

thanks for that

"JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1d1bd.8$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Asterix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Does someone have a link to a site where you can download the program

that
> > de-scrambles the sky analog channels?
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> goofle for hvcplus

Hmmm

Asterix wrote:
> thanks for that
>

> "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1d1bd.8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>"Asterix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>Does someone have a link to a site where you can download the program

> that
>
>>>de-scrambles the sky analog channels?
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>

>>goofle for hvcplus

Let us know if it works. I think i played with it a while back and didnt
get very good results, but at that stage I was using a lame aerial..

JohnO

"Hmmm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:416cc46b$1_4@127.0.0.1...
> Asterix wrote:
>> thanks for that
>>

>> "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:1d1bd.8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>"Asterix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> that

>>>goofle for hvcplus
>>>

> Let us know if it works. I think i played with it a while back and didnt
> get very good results, but at that stage I was using a lame aerial..

It does a pretty good job if your signal is excellent. If your signal is
poor it sucks.

Robert

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/tankengine/sky.htm

"Asterix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Does someone have a link to a site where you can download the program that
> de-scrambles the sky analog channels?
>
> Cheers

Gordo

If you get a good Prime signal then the decoder should work ok

You need a BT878 chipset (Brooktree??) or similar TV card.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:17:46 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Hmmm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:416cc46b$1_4@127.0.0.1...
>> Asterix wrote:
>>> thanks for that
>>>

>>> "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:1d1bd.8$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> that

>> Let us know if it works. I think i played with it a while back and didnt
>> get very good results, but at that stage I was using a lame aerial..
>>

>It does a pretty good job if your signal is excellent. If your signal is
>poor it sucks.

Collector_NZ

Gordo said the following on 13/10/2004 21:44:
> If you get a good Prime signal then the decoder should work ok
>
> You need a BT878 chipset (Brooktree??) or similar TV card.

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:17:46 +1300, "JohnO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Let us know if it works. I think i played with it a while back and didnt
>>>get very good results, but at that stage I was using a lame aerial..
>>>

>>It does a pretty good job if your signal is excellent. If your signal is
>>poor it sucks.

Itb needs a dam near perfect signal.
The sky decoders can cope with the odd dropped line but the decoder
software in HVCPlus has big problems with it.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

JohnO wrote:
>>Does someone have a link to a site where you can download the program that
>>de-scrambles the sky analog channels?

> goofle for hvcplus

goofle?

wonder if it is registered.

Hmmm

>>> It does a pretty good job if your signal is excellent. If your signal
>>> is poor it sucks.
>>>

> Itb needs a dam near perfect signal.
> The sky decoders can cope with the odd dropped line but the decoder
> software in HVCPlus has big problems with it.

Well I just tried again, since last time I tried we hd a aerial
installed for prime (uhf), I can now see the sky channels is great
quiality...