Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Satisfaction with ISP's

Satisfaction with ISP's

Hmmm

From Consumer magazine october 2004

Xtra got the lowest score
with a 62% of customers satisfied
"service hasnt improved in four years, call centre staff rude and unhelpful"

Ihug were just under the midway point of the ISP's surveyed
with a 72% customer satisfaction

Orcon rolled in at Number 2 in the charts at 81% customer satisfaction

Number 1 was.... Inspire

Go Orcon, with that customer satisfaction plus the best deals in town
they should go places as long as they learn from ihugs mistakes who are
sliding down the toilet.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Hmmm wrote:
> From Consumer magazine october 2004

> Xtra got the lowest score
> with a 62% of customers satisfied
> "service hasnt improved in four years, call centre staff rude and
> unhelpful"
> Ihug were just under the midway point of the ISP's surveyed
> with a 72% customer satisfaction
> Orcon rolled in at Number 2 in the charts at 81% customer satisfaction
> Number 1 was.... Inspire

> Go Orcon, with that customer satisfaction plus the best deals in town
> they should go places as long as they learn from ihugs mistakes who are
> sliding down the toilet.

you couldn't break the law scan and put it online could you?

colinco

In article Hmmm says...
> From Consumer magazine october 2004
>
> Xtra got the lowest score
> with a 62% of customers satisfied
> "service hasnt improved in four years, call centre staff rude and unhelpful"

But half the respondents to the survey are with Xtra, 3 times Paradise
(next highest)

> Ihug were just under the midway point of the ISP's surveyed
> with a 72% customer satisfaction
>

> Orcon rolled in at Number 2 in the charts at 81% customer satisfaction
>
> Number 1 was.... Inspire

Consumer say "Only differences of 12% are meaningful" for these results.
So why list results in detail rather than bracket as average or better?

> Go Orcon, with that customer satisfaction plus the best deals in town
> they should go places as long as they learn from ihugs mistakes who are
> sliding down the toilet.

It would seem that any ISP can be good until they get customers

Hmmm

colinco wrote:
> In article Hmmm says...
>
>> From Consumer magazine october 2004
>>
>>Xtra got the lowest score
>>with a 62% of customers satisfied
>>"service hasnt improved in four years, call centre staff rude and unhelpful"

> But half the respondents to the survey are with Xtra, 3 times Paradise
> (next highest)
>

>>Ihug were just under the midway point of the ISP's surveyed
>>with a 72% customer satisfaction
>>

>>Orcon rolled in at Number 2 in the charts at 81% customer satisfaction
>>
>>Number 1 was.... Inspire

> Consumer say "Only differences of 12% are meaningful" for these results.
> So why list results in detail rather than bracket as average or better?
>

>>Go Orcon, with that customer satisfaction plus the best deals in town
>>they should go places as long as they learn from ihugs mistakes who are
>>sliding down the toilet.
>>

> It would seem that any ISP can be good until they get customers

Ahhh that must be why ihug are trying to lose their customer base so
they can be good . So are you telling me Orcon have no customers?

I _used_ to be with xtra and then ihug, then changed to Orcon like many
others I imagine, I joined Ihug because they had the best plans, now
they offer no where near the best plans so I see no reason to stick with
them, their plans are more expensive than orcons plus they far more
restricted... hmmm lets see more money for less...

Anyway you are welcome to post the averages for that, I was just tyring
to give a quick sum up and show where the big isps were, xtra, ihug, and
orcon seen as they are the most talked about.

I had never even heard of inspire.

bAZZ

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz says...
> Hmmm wrote:
> > From Consumer magazine october 2004

> > Xtra got the lowest score
> > with a 62% of customers satisfied
> > "service hasnt improved in four years, call centre staff rude and
> > unhelpful"
> > Ihug were just under the midway point of the ISP's surveyed
> > with a 72% customer satisfaction
> > Orcon rolled in at Number 2 in the charts at 81% customer satisfaction
> > Number 1 was.... Inspire

> > Go Orcon, with that customer satisfaction plus the best deals in town
> > they should go places as long as they learn from ihugs mistakes who are
> > sliding down the toilet.

> you couldn't break the law scan and put it online could you?

Don't they (consumer) have it online ?

bAZZ

Bruce Sinclair

In article <m1Dad.12403$(E-Mail Removed)>, Hmmm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip)

>I had never even heard of inspire.

Local crowd I have yet to hear anything bad from them ... or anything
ordinary for that matter. Everyone I know that uses them loves them.

Bruce

------------------------------
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

-Redd Foxx

(if there were any)

Dave - Dave.net.nz

bAZZ wrote:
>>you couldn't break the law scan and put it online could you?

> Don't they (consumer) have it online ?

anything interesting seems to need a subscription.

and no-one who uses bugmenot has entered a logon yet.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, bAZZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(snip)
>Don't they (consumer) have it online ?

Might do ... but most of their online content is $2 extra /month over and
above the magazine sub.

Doesn't impress me ... particularly since they are supposed to be a consumer
organisation.

Bruce

------------------------------
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals
dying of nothing.

-Redd Foxx

(if there were any)

JohnO

"Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:%dDad.7559$(E-Mail Removed)...

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (snip)
> >Don't they (consumer) have it online ?

> Might do ... but most of their online content is $2 extra /month over and
> above the magazine sub.
>
> Doesn't impress me ... particularly since they are supposed to be a

consumer
> organisation.

How do you expect them to fund themselves if not by subscribers?

The Other Guy

JohnO wrote:
> "Bruce Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>Doesn't impress me ... particularly since they are supposed to be a

> consumer
>
>>organisation.
>>

> How do you expect them to fund themselves if not by subscribers?

Advertising? They could highlight the benefits of certain brands in a
subtle way.

Their reviews are crap anyway. Ease of use is rated far too high, where
actually doing a good job should be the priority. E.g. Who cares if a
VCR doesn't have that awful G-Code system?

The Other Guy