Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > A Spammer pretending to be from Paradise Helpdesk.

A Spammer pretending to be from Paradise Helpdesk.

Brett Dale

Hello, here is my problem I was having a couple of problems with my
Paradise Account, I had written to Paradise via email to sort it out,
I got a reply within a few days, But Im pretty sure the reply I got
was not from a Paradise worker, even though it had the "Help,
Accounts, Postmaster" email address, so somehow some Hacker/spammer is
intercepting my messages to paradise.

When I look at the message scource of the email it had the web address
"rightnowtech.com" which of course is not paradise, I ring up Paradise
call centre and they tell me just delete it, and they dont seem to
concern about it, my virus checker doesnt pick up a virus, all other
emails seem to be getting thru.

The spammer always writes back as if hes a Paradise worker, telling me
he needs more information. Since Paradise is not much help, any
suggestions???

-{-astrae-}-

Don't think its anything...

I think Paradise customer help use a "Right now" customer service service...

go here
http://paradise.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...user/entry.php

and u will see one of their logos under the search button.

astrae

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...