Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Telecom Gets Unbundling Tick

Telecom Gets Unbundling Tick

joe_90

Just when you start to think there may be hope ......

"The Commerce Commission is satisfied the company is offering cost-price
circuit access to competitors wanting to provide data service."

http://xtramsn.co.nz/business/0,,5007-3762365,00.html

Ryan Jacobs

"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
news:w%I9d.7201$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just when you start to think there may be hope ......
>
> "The Commerce Commission is satisfied the company is offering cost-price
> circuit access to competitors wanting to provide data service."
>
> http://xtramsn.co.nz/business/0,,5007-3762365,00.html

You seem surprised?!

Let me advise you of Telescums family tree.......

Commerce Commission = Government Department
Government Department = The Government
The Government = A major political party
A major political party = Labour or National
Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision

There is no hope............

joe_90

Ryan Jacobs wrote:
> You seem surprised?!

Surprised - no; disappointed - yes.

> Let me advise you of Telescums family tree.......
>
> Commerce Commission = Government Department
> Government Department = The Government
> The Government = A major political party
> A major political party = Labour or National
> Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
> Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
> Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision

you forgot -

Telecom, the biggest stock in New Zealand.

Matthew Poole

In article <V6J9d.11384$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ryan Jacobs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
>news:w%I9d.7201$(E-Mail Removed)...

*SNIP*
>Commerce Commission = Government Department
>Government Department = The Government
>The Government = A major political party
>A major political party = Labour or National
>Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
>Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
>Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
>
>There is no hope............

And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!

Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
people believe.

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

theseus

"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
newslJ9d.7202$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>> You seem surprised?!

> Surprised - no; disappointed - yes.
>

>> Let me advise you of Telescums family tree.......
>>
>> Commerce Commission = Government Department
>> Government Department = The Government
>> The Government = A major political party
>> A major political party = Labour or National
>> Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
>> Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
>> Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision

> you forgot -
>
> Telecom, the biggest stock in New Zealand.

Heh
I saw Theresa Gattung at a charity dinner yesterday, you should see the size
of her !!
She was getting loud and drunk with Rod Donald and Marian Hobbs

Ryan Jacobs

"Matthew Poole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ck7oe0$lcq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <V6J9d.11384$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ryan Jacobs"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
>>news:w%I9d.7201$(E-Mail Removed)...

> *SNIP*
>>Commerce Commission = Government Department
>>Government Department = The Government
>>The Government = A major political party
>>A major political party = Labour or National
>>Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
>>Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
>>Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
>>
>>There is no hope............
>>

> And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
> Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
>
> Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
> people believe.

Chill

Anyone that's been reading my rantings should know by now that I take the
"truth" and embellish it with a little "satire".

Anyway, if it's not as "black-and-white" as I paint it - what is the real
reason that Telescum is holding the country to ransom? BTW, that's a serious
question - not a flame

Mike_P

"Matthew Poole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ck7oe0$lcq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <V6J9d.11384$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ryan Jacobs"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
>>news:w%I9d.7201$(E-Mail Removed)...

> *SNIP*
>>Commerce Commission = Government Department
>>Government Department = The Government
>>The Government = A major political party
>>A major political party = Labour or National
>>Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
>>Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
>>Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
>>
>>There is no hope............
>>

> And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
> Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
>
> Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
> people believe.

Yes it is, this is a crock of ****...

1. The September 30 deadline has passed and it (UBS) IS NOT available... not
until next year according to Telecom.
2. What we have now is a Layer 3 workaround with Telecom still well and
truly in control. And I haven't actually heard of anybody being switched
over to it yet, including myself and I completed my request on 1 October.
3. Whilst Telecom delay (I mean struggle with technical issues) they are
allowed to actively promote and launch superior products rendering the UBS
product the competition will eventually have obsolete before they can even
provide it.

Conclusion...it's a crock of ****. Unbundle the local loop and provide REAL
completion to the NZ consumer.

Mike_P

Ryan Jacobs

"Mike_P" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Matthew Poole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ck7oe0$lcq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <V6J9d.11384$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ryan Jacobs"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
>>>news:w%I9d.7201$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> *SNIP*
>>>Commerce Commission = Government Department
>>>Government Department = The Government
>>>The Government = A major political party
>>>A major political party = Labour or National
>>>Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
>>>Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
>>>Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
>>>
>>>There is no hope............
>>>

>> And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
>> Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
>>
>> Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
>> people believe.

> Yes it is, this is a crock of ****...
>
> 1. The September 30 deadline has passed and it (UBS) IS NOT available...
> not until next year according to Telecom.
> 2. What we have now is a Layer 3 workaround with Telecom still well and
> truly in control. And I haven't actually heard of anybody being switched
> over to it yet, including myself and I completed my request on 1 October.
> 3. Whilst Telecom delay (I mean struggle with technical issues) they are
> allowed to actively promote and launch superior products rendering the UBS
> product the competition will eventually have obsolete before they can even
> provide it.
>
> Conclusion...it's a crock of ****. Unbundle the local loop and provide
> REAL completion to the NZ consumer.

Exactly! Why is NZ the only country (except Mexico) in the OECD that hasn't
unbundled the local loop? IMHO - the answer is corporate corruption (by
Telescum) of our politicians.

geoffm

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 04:11:44 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Matthew Poole)
wrote:

>And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
>Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
>
>Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
>people believe.

The 0867 case? It has been 3 years or more now, and i wouldn't be
surprised if it is another 3 by the time it is resolved.
Guess what - it is irrelevant. Like Microsoft, all they need to do is
stall, and the march of technology lets them win by default. The
broadband issue, churn fess etc are FAR more important than the access
number you use to dial up your ISP.
Geoff

Hmmm

Mike_P wrote:
> "Matthew Poole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ck7oe0$lcq$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>In article <V6J9d.11384$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Ryan Jacobs"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>"joe_90" <joe_90@invalid_address.com> wrote in message
>>>news:w%I9d.7201$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>*SNIP*
>>
>>>Commerce Commission = Government Department
>>>Government Department = The Government
>>>The Government = A major political party
>>>A major political party = Labour or National
>>>Labour AND National = grateful receiver of corporate donations
>>>Grateful donor of corporate donations = Telecom
>>>Telecom = the "big finger" to the Commerce Commision
>>>
>>>There is no hope............
>>>

>>And that's why there's still an out-standing court case against the Evil
>>Empire. One that's being run by... The Commerce Commission!
>>
>>Get a grip, Ryan. It's not as black-and-white as you'd like to have
>>people believe.

> Yes it is, this is a crock of ****...
>
> 1. The September 30 deadline has passed and it (UBS) IS NOT available... not
> until next year according to Telecom.
> 2. What we have now is a Layer 3 workaround with Telecom still well and
> truly in control. And I haven't actually heard of anybody being switched
> over to it yet, including myself and I completed my request on 1 October.
> 3. Whilst Telecom delay (I mean struggle with technical issues) they are
> allowed to actively promote and launch superior products rendering the UBS
> product the competition will eventually have obsolete before they can even
> provide it.
>
> Conclusion...it's a crock of ****. Unbundle the local loop and provide REAL
> completion to the NZ consumer.
>
> Mike_P

Yeah the fact that its not even ubs being rolled out this month but
rather its still a layer 3 service, i mean what the heck is the hold up?

Either telecom are incompetant, or they are deliberately holding back to
give their retail packages more chance..

its unreal what they are allowed to get away with and I really cannot
understand why people stick with telecom for tolls or internet (xtra)