Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > anyway around this.

anyway around this.

joevan

To use this product, you need to install free software
This product requires Microsoftİ Internet Explorer 6, Microsoftİ Media
Player 10, and Macromedia Flash 7.

I already have these products installed for IE 6, is there a way to
utilize them when using firefox? Maybe a shortcut or registry key?
Prolly an impossible feat? I guess one has to use IE to play their
garbage.
and for the same reason."

gwtc

joevan wrote:

> To use this product, you need to install free software
> This product requires Microsoftİ Internet Explorer 6, Microsoftİ Media
> Player 10, and Macromedia Flash 7.
>
> I already have these products installed for IE 6, is there a way to
> utilize them when using firefox? Maybe a shortcut or registry key?
> Prolly an impossible feat? I guess one has to use IE to play their
> garbage.

MMP should play with FF already. If you can't get it to go then look
here http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html#WMP, especially for
the patch under known issues. Also, some sites just won't work unless
you have active-x installed [and using IE], and the one for FF, I
don't even recommend. Can cause more problems than its worth.

As for Flash, you need to get the one for FF/Netscape.