Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > DC++ users

DC++ users

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Anyone in the following hubs?
zante.no-ip.org:411
munta.no-ip.com:4111
britcomedy.no-ip.com

Could you ask the admins to allow my IP?
210.150.101.39 or preferably 210.150.101.x

I most certainly am based in NZ... but my IP looks indian apparantly

Ryan Jacobs

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone in the following hubs?
> zante.no-ip.org:411
> munta.no-ip.com:4111
> britcomedy.no-ip.com
>
> Could you ask the admins to allow my IP?
> 210.150.101.39 or preferably 210.150.101.x
>
> I most certainly am based in NZ... but my IP looks indian apparantly

Psst, Dave, publically advertising to the world that you're into DCC is not
really a smart move

If you want a secure means to an end - I can hook you up. <MSG for Dave
only>

Get me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <remove my name from both sides of
the @ >

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Ryan Jacobs wrote:
> Psst, Dave, publically advertising to the world that you're into DCC is not
> really a smart move

eh!? I use it for chat... what else can it be used for?
;P

> If you want a secure means to an end - I can hook you up. <MSG for Dave
> only>

eh!? "secure means to an end" sounds scary.

> Get me at (E-Mail Removed) <remove my name from both sides of
> the @ >

nice email addy... I suppose I've had some dooseys in the past.... email
coming your way.

Ryan Jacobs

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>> Psst, Dave, publically advertising to the world that you're into DCC is
>> not really a smart move

> eh!? I use it for chat... what else can it be used for?
> ;P

Well yeah! That's what DCC is for isn't it?

Ryan Jacobs

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>> Psst, Dave, publically advertising to the world that you're into DCC is
>> not really a smart move

> eh!? I use it for chat... what else can it be used for?
> ;P
>
>> If you want a secure means to an end - I can hook you up. <MSG for Dave
>> only>

> eh!? "secure means to an end" sounds scary.
>
>> Get me at (E-Mail Removed) <remove my name from both sides
>> of the @ >

> nice email addy... I suppose I've had some dooseys in the past.... email
> coming your way.

Reply sent, but bounced back as invalid. ??

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>>nice email addy... I suppose I've had some dooseys in the past.... email
>>coming your way.

> Reply sent, but bounced back as invalid. ??

errr, just dave@dave etc.

oh... forgot, sent it from news, meaning it'll use the fake reply addy. doh

Ryan Jacobs

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>>>nice email addy... I suppose I've had some dooseys in the past.... email
>>>coming your way.

>> Reply sent, but bounced back as invalid. ??

> errr, just dave@dave etc.
>
> oh... forgot, sent it from news, meaning it'll use the fake reply addy.
> doh

Double duh!

I realised.

/me makes note to self - read the frigging headers.......

Ryan Jacobs

"Ryan Jacobs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Mn98d.9781$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Reply sent, but bounced back as invalid. ??

>> errr, just dave@dave etc.
>>
>> oh... forgot, sent it from news, meaning it'll use the fake reply addy.
>> doh

> Double duh!
>
> I realised.
>
> /me makes note to self - read the frigging headers.......

Reply sent, it's getting time for my zzzzzzzzz, so I'll be offline soon.

BTW, it is (obviously) a trick question.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Ryan Jacobs wrote:
> BTW, it is (obviously) a trick question.

I didn't think you were that stupid.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Ryan Jacobs

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>> BTW, it is (obviously) a trick question.

> I didn't think you were that stupid.

Hehe

Got your reply. I'll reply later on with some details. I can't deal with it
right now....having a crisis or two to deal with.....