Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > WTD: Website Hosting

WTD: Website Hosting

EMB

Where's a good place to host 4 or 5 websites and their associated email
requirements? My supply of free hosting has just evaporated. None of
the sites is huge in either size or traffic.

The only place I've looked so far is iserve (on their enhanced plan @
$60/28 days) but I've heard some uninspiring reports of their service.

Anybody know of anything better either in terms of quality or price?

--
EMB
change two to the number to reply

Chris Hope

EMB wrote:

> Where's a good place to host 4 or 5 websites and their associated email
> requirements? My supply of free hosting has just evaporated. None of
> the sites is huge in either size or traffic.
>
> The only place I've looked so far is iserve (on their enhanced plan @
> $60/28 days) but I've heard some uninspiring reports of their service.
>
> Anybody know of anything better either in terms of quality or price?

Web Drive have a plan where you pay $30 per month for the first site and
then $8 per month for additional sites belonging to the same account. As
you get to higher volume you can change to $60 for 1 + $4 per additional
site. You get as many email aliases, mailboxes and databases that you want
included and can administer it through a pretty cool control panel system.

http://www.webdrive.co.nz/webhosting/index.php &
http://www.webdrive.co.nz/pricing.php for more details.

Gavin

Chris Hope wrote:

>EMB wrote:
>

>>Where's a good place to host 4 or 5 websites and their associated email
>>requirements? My supply of free hosting has just evaporated. None of
>>the sites is huge in either size or traffic.
>>
>>The only place I've looked so far is iserve (on their enhanced plan @
>>$60/28 days) but I've heard some uninspiring reports of their service.
>>
>>Anybody know of anything better either in terms of quality or price?
>>

>Web Drive have a plan where you pay $30 per month for the first site and
>then $8 per month for additional sites belonging to the same account. As
>you get to higher volume you can change to $60 for 1 + $4 per additional
>site. You get as many email aliases, mailboxes and databases that you want
>included and can administer it through a pretty cool control panel system.
>
>http://www.webdrive.co.nz/webhosting/index.php &
>http://www.webdrive.co.nz/pricing.php for more details.

Utopia, http://www.utopia.co.nz developer account. $75/month and
unlimited subdomains and subhosting. Free to add another domain/website
or subdomain. Free POP mailboxes all domains.

Gavin

Nik Coughin

EMB wrote:
> Where's a good place to host 4 or 5 websites and their associated
> email requirements? My supply of free hosting has just evaporated. None
> of the sites is huge in either size or traffic.
>
> The only place I've looked so far is iserve (on their enhanced plan @
> $60/28 days) but I've heard some uninspiring reports of their service.
>
> Anybody know of anything better either in terms of quality or price?

I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/

I run a number of domains off my account. Can't remember how much it costs
to add a domain, but it's trivial.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Nik Coughin wrote:
> I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/

they've just been bought by iserve.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Nik Coughin

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Nik Coughin wrote:
>> I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/

> they've just been bought by iserve.

What are the implications of that?

I had a look at their site, their pricing structure is different and I don't
have time to work out if it's better or worse right now.

Looks like they have their own hosting management tool, I'm rather font of
cPanel.

Hope they don't change too much

Nik Coughin

Nik Coughin wrote:

> Looks like they have their own hosting management tool, I'm rather
> font* of cPanel.

*Fond damn it.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Nik Coughin wrote:
>>>I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/

>>they've just been bought by iserve.

> What are the implications of that?

dunno... I read it yesterday(on Stuff dear I say it)

> I had a look at their site, their pricing structure is different and I don't
> have time to work out if it's better or worse right now.
> Looks like they have their own hosting management tool, I'm rather font of
> cPanel.
> Hope they don't change too much

yeah, because that happens lots.

--
Dave Hall
http://www.dave.net.nz

Rob

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nik Coughin wrote:
> > I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/

> they've just been bought by iserve.
>
> --
> Dave Hall
> http://www.dave.net.nz
> http://www.karyn.net.nz

Very interesting, as I would have though that it was a totally different
market. Kiwiwebhost uses US servers, and offers hosting from a $1 a month.
Will be interesting to see if or when kiwiwebhost will change its plans.

Chris Mayhew

Nik Coughin wrote:
> EMB wrote:
>
>>Where's a good place to host 4 or 5 websites and their associated
>>email requirements? My supply of free hosting has just evaporated. None
>>of the sites is huge in either size or traffic.
>>
>>The only place I've looked so far is iserve (on their enhanced plan @
>>$60/28 days) but I've heard some uninspiring reports of their service.
>>
>>Anybody know of anything better either in terms of quality or price?

> I like http://www.kiwiwebhost.co.nz/
>
> I run a number of domains off my account. Can't remember how much it costs
> to add a domain, but it's trivial.

HAve a look at http://www.kiwihosting.net.nz/hosting_prices_us.asp you
can pay in $NZD too, you get a certain number of domains with each
account. Have found these people very helpfull when www.aotea.net.nz
let me down.