Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New SETI-BOINC member.

New SETI-BOINC member.

~misfit~

Congratulations to Kerravon, I see you've made it onto the nz.comp
SETI-BOINC scoreboard. Well done.

Can that really be nz.comp at position 56 worldwide?:

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/top_...redit&offset=4
0

Happy crunching.
--
~misfit~

Dave - Dave.net.nz

~misfit~ wrote:
> Can that really be nz.comp at position 56 worldwide?:

> Happy crunching.

my home machine has stopped grabbing units... Im just leaving it
crunching the world weather at the moment, so expect to see me drop a
few places.

Dogg

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 00:13:12 +1200, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Congratulations to Kerravon, I see you've made it onto the nz.comp
>SETI-BOINC scoreboard. Well done.
>
>Can that really be nz.comp at position 56 worldwide?:
>
>http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/top_...redit&offset=4
>0
>
>Happy crunching.

Wow! 56th. I moved up a bit over the weekend while I was down south

--
BOINC SETI
http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/sta...1469&trans=off

~misfit~

Dogg wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 00:13:12 +1200, "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations to Kerravon, I see you've made it onto the nz.comp
>> SETI-BOINC scoreboard. Well done.
>>
>> Can that really be nz.comp at position 56 worldwide?:

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/top_...redit&offset=4
>> 0
>>
>> Happy crunching.

> Wow! 56th. I moved up a bit over the weekend while I was down south

You sure did! You'll be at P1 in no time. Although it looks like ZZzzz is
going to give you a run for your money.

I'm going down-hill fast. (Especially with the new client BOINC 4.09,
setiathome 4.05 taking 75% longer per WU).

Welcome to mistress sev as well, another new addition to our little group.

Happy crunching!
--
~misfit~

Craig Whitmore

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 10:04:04 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
<Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:

>~misfit~ wrote:
>> Can that really be nz.comp at position 56 worldwide?:

Over about 5 days I had 5 Quad Xeon 3G's running the boinc seti and it
grabbed lots of bits and sent back lots of bits btu still have only
got 262.95 credits. (I would think I did over 10,000 credits on all
these machine over this time)..

I guess I have to wait for them to be processed..

>> Happy crunching.

>my home machine has stopped grabbing units... Im just leaving it
>crunching the world weather at the moment, so expect to see me drop a
>few places.

ChrisOD

Craig Whitmore wrote:

> On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 10:04:04 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
> <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:
>

>>~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>>>Can that really be nz.comp at position 56 worldwide?:

> Over about 5 days I had 5 Quad Xeon 3G's running the boinc seti and it
> grabbed lots of bits and sent back lots of bits btu still have only
> got 262.95 credits. (I would think I did over 10,000 credits on all
> these machine over this time)..
>
> I guess I have to wait for them to be processed..
>

>>>Happy crunching.

>>my home machine has stopped grabbing units... Im just leaving it
>>crunching the world weather at the moment, so expect to see me drop a
>>few places.

Ahh so that's what the replacement news servers have been doing

~misfit~

Craig Whitmore wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 10:04:04 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
> <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> ~misfit~ wrote:
>>> Can that really be nz.comp at position 56 worldwide?:

> Over about 5 days I had 5 Quad Xeon 3G's running the boinc seti and it
> grabbed lots of bits and sent back lots of bits btu still have only
> got 262.95 credits. (I would think I did over 10,000 credits on all
> these machine over this time)..

You have to wait for the same unit to be returned by two other users with
similar results before you get credit for it. The system is to ensure
accuracy and to stop the cheats who used to have several methods of getting
huge amounts of credit in the old SETIathome scheme. As there is a 14-day
'life' for each unit, then a possible few days taken for comparison and
validation credit can take a while to show up. Especially if, after 14 days,
there aren't three results returned. The WU gets sent out again and you have
to wait even longer. It all catches up after a while and you'll see your
credit accruing at a steady rate.

> I guess I have to wait for them to be processed..

I trust you are a member of the nz.comp team?
--
~misfit~